• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RPG SERVER - 8.6 or 8.7+

Which do you prefer for an RPG server?

• Total voters

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
If you were going to be playing an RPG server that actually has a story line and takes time to play.. would you rather have mounts or no mounts?

THE CLIENT WILL BE COMPLETELY CUSTOM, SO DONT WORRY ABOUT CLIENT VERSIONS AND ALL THAT B.S. JUST THINK, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE MORE.

All the spell timers, etc would be modified.. things would be edited.

Like the person above said, with mounts is better. However, a lot of servers do it really badly and make them basically acessible to anyone as soon as they start - which kinda defeats the point

They would be implented perfectly, I just feel it adds a rpg feel to the game. For anyone that runs OT's, which rev would you guys suggest to work with to include mounts while keeping a stable server. Im currently using 3884 for 8.6; so if any of you could help me out that would be great!

EDIT:
To be more clear, I have already downloaded most of the posted 8.7 ones. Im not saying they aren't stable, I just need the one with the most features ASWELL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it must use MODS. Every single one I have downloaded doesnt have a mods folder. So if anyone know of a 8.7+ distro that uses mods, please inform me!

EDIT2: After some searching, I think I may just go 9.52 then create a custom client and just keep up to date with the latest rev's to stay stable. I'm just having some trouble compiling it right now, but hopefully all works out well when I get some support (I made a thread). It seems 9.52 uses mods and everything I need to create the type of server I want with the right features. But still feel free to direct me in the path of a good distro/rev, Ill try it out its good. But I kind of like the idea of having a market in the depot.

Last edited:
9.52 would be great aswell.

I hope your project doesnt get as bad as the others does, like lordaeron etc.

I'm gonna play ARAGON for sure! if its 8.7+. Dont like 8.6 custom client's!

I figured out Im just going 8.7, it turns out the Market System doesnt even work in the new release, I compiled a .exe, made a depot box.. tried to add a item to the market place and it didnt work. So I found a stable 8.7 rev, im compiling down a .exe now; and this is what I will be working from and making the custom client around. MOUNTS FOR THE WIN! We will use the auction system on the website or something I guess until they actually get things 100% stable.

@Denix,
<3 thanks for showin support, we will be 8.7 so I hope you play!

OFFTOPIC. Are you the remere's owner??

Anyways, would donate like 20€ to ya guys.

But since i own my own OTserver i cant.
All the donates going to my server - if i got any spare euros when the OT's shutdown i would donate it all! :)

Tried to do my own RPG and CUSTOM MAP, but it takes time and patience, such things doesn't i have :s
Anyways GL & HF

Kind regards, Denix

Am assuming it's the one in your signiture, it says 8.6.
You're going to reset & continue it as beta once you have the new client ready?

Well the server can barely be called a beta right now because Ive simply placed the cities out and various spawn locations to get a feel of how the server is going to be. Now I'm starting to work on the story line, which is basically the quest line you will be doing so I can map according to the story so the map has a meaning. This is the main reason I want to possibly use mounts (horses, etc) because I'm doing a royal/castle theme and it would kind of help the rpg feel. Oh and yes, there will be a reset; its beta, its nothing yet. Its just a map layed out with no monsters in the caves yet other than 3 small locations, so I cant expect people to even care right now. But once I get the story started and mapped out, thats when I will reset so people can play the story and test out the system/features I have.

Back