• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RPS (Real Private Server) or dedicated server?

Hermes

dziwki kola gramy w lola
Reaction score
Hi,

I have one, simple question. What's the real difference between RPS and normal dedicated server? And how about performance of ISCSI HDD with OpenTibiaServer?

Also, due to HDD limit, what will be capability of this RPS:
OVH RPS V (AMD Phenom II X4 910 4x 2.6, 4GB DDR2, ISCSI HDD, 100mbps) + TFS0.4, MAP 60MB, 30K MONSTERS?

Well, it's kinda tricky, RPS are cheap but still many people are using dedicated servers :f

Thanks in advance,
Hermes

Depends if the dedicated host can provide you with a better host?
It's all very obviously. If you can success to get a host with the same network connection, same computer
and everything that the dedicated host offers you.

Then I would suggest you to use RPS. It's completely easier for you to access the computer.
And of course, cheaper. ^:)

I actually have no clue. I tried to read around a bit regarding iSCSI.
But did not manage to understand too much.

Only that iSCSI seem to be anything effective for hosting companies. Though, I'm not that experienced in that area.

4gb ram on OVH.com................................................................................................LOADING..............................................................LINUX&WINDOWS?..........................IT IS OK

on ovh.com with 4gb ram you can hosting with small lags on windows, but use linux for a open tibia server =)

Back