• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RT Map forgottenserver 7.4

machinehum

Reaction score
Hello,

I want start of by thanking the developers for all their hard work. I've build tfs (below), rme and otclient all from source and it was a joy. Amazing to see all of these great projects.

This is the server I'm using -> fschuindt/theforgottenserver-7.4 (https://github.com/fschuindt/theforgottenserver-7.4)

My question is - how would I integrate an RT map? Below I will list what I have tried so far...

tfs (above compiled and running) this repo has a client in /server/client. This is the 7.72 client, I believe it's using 7.4 sprites. I have used this client to connect to my server, the map is currently test town, working fine.

I have tried dropping in this map (data/world) [7.4] The full RL map! (https://otland.net/threads/7-4-the-full-rl-map.155202/) That will yield below.

Lua:
[machinehum@whitebox ots]$ ./tfs
The Forgotten Server - Version 1.2
Compiled with GNU C++ version 10.1.0
Compiled on Aug 10 2020 17:00:53 for platform x64

A server developed by Mark Samman
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: http://otland.net/.

>> Loading config
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 10.4.14
>> Running database manager
>> Loading vocations
>> Loading items
>> Loading script systems
>> Loading monsters
>> Checking world type... PVP
>> Loading map
[Fatal - Map::loadMap] This map need to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly.
> ERROR: Failed to load map
>> No services running. The server is NOT online.

Now, looking more into the test town the shipped with the server - it will open in rme fine when I point RME to 7.4 spr file. If I go to map -> properties it lists MapVersion: OTServ 0.6.0 and Client Version 8.0.

This no leads me to believe that tfs is looking for these properties in a map. If I open up the the 7.4 RT map and try to change these manually, it will crash. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post automatically merged:

Update, this is the line that is causing the errors.

Lua:
if (headerVersion <= 0) {
    //In otbm version 1 the count variable after splashes/fluidcontainers and stackables
    //are saved as attributes instead, this solves alot of problems with items
    //that is changed (stackable/charges/fluidcontainer/splash) during an update.
    setLastErrorString("This map need to be upgraded by using the latest map editor version to be able to load correctly.");
    return false;
}

So I think my question is: How do I convert from otbm v0 to otbm v1 or otbm v2

Last edited:
Downgrading will cause issues, there is a 7.4 rl map that you could use

If you really insist on downgrading, then make a backup of your map, because the second step is going to remove all the items that are not compatible with 7.4, this might be quite unsatisfactory, because it will remove a large portion of items for you (grounds included), but that's basically what you are asking for.

First, change the map version.
mapchange.gif

Then, do the cleanup
cleanup.gif

And then save, voila.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply.

I'm actually looking to upgrade the 7.4 RT map to match the map that shipped with my fork of TFS.

This is the config that ships with my TFS fork...
TFS-Map.png

This is the 7.4 RT map I got...
74-RT-Download.png

If I change the 7.4 Map Version to OTServ 0.6.0 in the 7.4 map...

Lua:
[machinehum@whitebox rme]$ ./rme
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
Review COPYING in RME distribution for details.
Floating point exception (core dumped)

If you still need help, hit me up on discord, its Nathu#6289 and we can work this out

Back