• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rudger's mapping (starter)

rik123 ... try to expand ur horizon... Not everything has to be traditional. I saw alot of posts from you with like "this id is for that place and that id is for this place, EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG" ... But it hasnt to be wrong. For example the darker green grass or those bushes. In his screenshot they fit very well to the whole piece. Well i dont like the bordering but those nature is just very cool.. Everything fits together and it's different from this always plain green grass with the same bushes and same trees over and over again.

On Topic:

Rudger i can see you have a feeling of what fits together(well the water is a matter of taste, i dont like it cause it lacks of own borders) ... Ofcourse you need more experience and practice. I would recommend to study some other Showoff Thread's and learn to use RAW ( I mapped 1 year without RAW-bordering etc, and for real it just changes everything.) Every piece will be unique.

rik123 ... try to expand ur horizon... Not everything has to be traditional. I saw alot of posts from you with like "this id is for that place and that id is for this place, EVERYTHING ELSE IS WRONG" ... But it hasnt to be wrong. For example the darker green grass or those bushes. In his screenshot they fit very well to the whole piece. Well i dont like the bordering but those nature is just very cool.. Everything fits together and it's different from this always plain green grass with the same bushes and same trees over and over again.

On Topic:

Rudger i can see you have a feeling of what fits together(well the water is a matter of taste, i dont like it cause it lacks of own borders) ... Ofcourse you need more experience and practice. I would recommend to study some other Showoff Thread's and learn to use RAW ( I mapped 1 year without RAW-bordering etc, and for real it just changes everything.) Every piece will be unique.

What I meant was: ''I'm using this ID for this and it looks fine for me.''. And if you are referring to a few comments before this one in this thread where I was talking about the rope bridge, yes, it looks bugged if you use another sprite than the one I advised him to use.

So, do not tell me to 'expand my horizon', I'm giving him a friendly advice and he's asking for feedback and how to improve, so I do so and give him feedback. I hope you know what feedback is, right?

Thanks guys, for the help. Really appreciated.

Noted the random spatial distribution, and some nature pieces in patches.

Raw, maybe later as I already have a hard time building mountains.

Progress:

n3snlc.png

106kpqe.png

281xb0p.png

qzmbt5.png

iva0k8.png

Last edited:
Back