• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Running server 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hebril

Reaction score
im running my ots on my pc and just curious - is there any danger that something in my computer get damaged ? how frequently i need to reboot , if i need ?

Hebril said:
im running my ots on my pc and just curious - is there any danger that something in my computer get damaged ? how frequently i need to reboot , if i need ?

Restart the computer and server once a day, maybe restart the server 2x a day to keep the server unlaggy

kspeed said:
ok so I have a lot of things to tell you..

first ,when your computer restarting/internet restarting the IP is changed..
so or join to www.no-ip.com ,or buy a server on some webhost with SSH..
ho and the server is not danger on your computer..

You don't need this shitty crap. If you obtain the ips from dhcp you can set static ips. So you can do with your router. Only downtime you'll suffer is your isp changing ip once in a while.

deve said:
Hebril said:

Restart the computer and server once a day, maybe restart the server 2x a day to keep the server unlaggy

What if it don't lag? I had my ot on for 1 week without it being laggy. The PC been running for 5 weeks. Windows!! Restarting the PC once or twice a day is not necessary, it will just cause you a lot of downtime.

You do not need to restart the computer at all! The computer won't get any hotter than it is like an hour after you started it, not if you've got decent fans, I've had my computer up for like a month in a row now. And it's fine. The computer's temperature does not rise when you are using demanding programs. Nothing you can do inside windows\Linux can destroy your hardware!

i had been running my computer for something like 3 weeks 24/7 and nothing bad happened...but if it is hot it can get overheated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back