• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Running TFS windows binary on Linux (through Wine)

Tecosan

Reaction score
Maybe this could be useful (for entertainment, just 4 fun or whatever)

I'm testing the forgotten server 0.3.6 8.2 (printer) for windows but in gnu/Linux xD
It has been stable during 40 hours all along with real map (96.1 MB)

I'll be giving feedback.
I'm using Fedora 29 and Wine + Winetricks on a virtual machine with 7.5 GB of memory
(virtualbox) (with vmware the machine runs a little bit slower)

I guess there's no problem running a 32 bit exe in a 64 bit linux. Maybe this could bypass that issue with the 2 gb of ram on windows and the in-famous "decrease the size of your map or compile in 64 bit mode" (for those who can't compile old tfs in 64 bits)

What do you think? The next thing I'll do is increase map size to at least 120 mb and see what happens
In my perspective, this can't compromise stability. I've been using that old rev on windows and seems very stable, the only problem is that 2gb fucking issue and laatido doesn't help at all.

Poker_Face_Die_C_4fedc859b8b66_large.jpeg

Sounds like a cool idea, keep it up! :D

i did the same on contaboo vps with otx2 and i had 0 problem server was open without crashs for a month
i used xamp for win+ 32 bit exe on 64 bits ubuntu 16-04

yet no issues. I recommend you doing this if you can't compile old revs in 64 bit mode and/or(?) have a big map.

Back