• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ryo's Cave New Mapper ;)

Ryokushin

Reaction score
Here is a cave I did, I was sorta bored so I thought I would try and do a RPG kinda Cave. Leave some Comments..=] All comments are Welcome.

Oh, and if you could, leave some comments for what I can do to improve it. Im still very new to mapping.

2qtk41k.png

It looks quite good for a new mapper.

What you can improve:
  • The shape of the cave
  • Add some more stones
  • Add some finnishing details

It looks quite good for a new mapper.

What you can improve:
The shape of the cave
Add some more stones
Add some finnishing details

What kind of finishing details did you have in mind? and Shap as in bigger?, Stones are no problem.

If you shall have such few creatures. You'd better create a smaller cave.
And not that much debris, please.

Sincerely,
Franson!

A touch of the details. Look at some great mappers. Hani, Neon, Icetear or macedoon. Look at them. They're using the creativity in the detailing not just randomizing.

And the shape, randomize it a bit.

Here is an update. Trying to implement the tips you guys gave me. Is this any better?

64q9z8.png

LIke the second one but in my opinion remove some of the plants in the Cave wall.
And if you want you can maybe add Cave Wall TwigsID:5561.
Or if you use RME its un Doodad->Nature

3586k5k.png

Just using mine as an example.

• Cave Wall Twigs ID: 5561. (Ty Enlight)
  • Try shape it less, most caves aren't huge open areas due to the roof collapsing. Try think logically.
  • New Border Types, Although it's not great to use them all, using them with older borders creates a cool effect.
  • The walls don't have to be plastered in those hangable objects, keep some clean. Or use different styles such as grey/red.

Back