• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Same sprite, two items?(rep++)

Zuxus

Learning C++ and Lua
Reaction score
I added the same sprite to two items, but when I logg inn with the edited items.otb and items.xml everyone debugs. I am using lastest tfs. Isn't it possible to use the same cid on two items?
Hope someone can help me. Or do I have to do everything from the bottom up? Edit the tibia.dat and get a new cid to use?

Thanks in advance!

Yours Zuxus

I added the same sprite to two items, but when I logg inn with the edited items.otb and items.xml everyone debugs. I am using lastest tfs. Isn't it possible to use the same cid on two items?
Hope someone can help me. Or do I have to do everything from the bottom up? Edit the tibia.dat and get a new cid to use?

Thanks in advance!

Yours Zuxus

http://otland.net/f16/same-sprite-different-item-26600/#post266780

Credits to Pitufo.

EDIT:
In case you're not sure what to do, steps:

• Open OTItemEditor
  • File > Load otb.. > items.otb
  • Click on the field "Deprecated". This will desplay the itemIDs with no sprite, so you can use them for anything you want.
  • Find the sprite of the item you wanna use, lets say Spear which is itemID 2389, and cid 3277.
  • Now lets use the deprecated itemID 107 and put 3277 as the cid and check the properties you need for it.
  • Now right click the "Item number 107" and on the menu displayed click on "Splash" (or anything except None), this will make the new item "exist".
  • Now just click File > Save as.. > items.otb and if it asks to replace say Yes.
  • Then you only need to add itemID 107 on the items.xml file with the properties you want for it and thats it :)
Hope it helps~

Last edited:
It works, but how come I can't summon the item with a God character in-game?
Here's what I put in items.xml.
Code:
<item id="102" article="a" name="juggernaut sword"> 
	<attribute key="description" value="It is the Sword of the mighty Juggernaut."/>
	<attribute key="weight" value="8200"/>
	<attribute key="defense" value="94"/>
	<attribute key="attack" value="113"/>
	<attribute key="weaponType" value="sword"/>
	<attribute key="extradef" value="12"/>
</item>

Thanks in advance!

Yours Zuxus

It works, but how come I can't summon the item with a God character in-game?
Here's what I put in items.xml.
Code:
<item id="102" article="a" name="juggernaut sword"> 
	<attribute key="description" value="It is the Sword of the mighty Juggernaut."/>
	<attribute key="weight" value="8200"/>
	<attribute key="defense" value="94"/>
	<attribute key="attack" value="113"/>
	<attribute key="weaponType" value="sword"/>
	<attribute key="extradef" value="12"/>
</item>

Thanks in advance!

Yours Zuxus

You should be able to summon it normally :blink:

Did you do
Code:
[B]/i 102[/B]
to summon it right?
Does it give you any errors on console or in-game?

Also which cid did you use to make it?

And, make sure you did this step:

• Now right click the "Item number 102" and on the menu displayed click on "Splash" (or anything except None), this will make the new item "exist".

Else it wont work!

Cheers~

I did add it to splash, I found the problem though. The problem was that when I added the cid for exampel 3288 as I used, and then added to splash the cid reseted and it was suddenly empty, so I had to add to splash before I added the cid. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

I did add it to splash, I found the problem though. The problem was that when I added the cid for exampel 3288 as I used, and then added to splash the cid reseted and it was suddenly empty, so I had to add to splash before I added the cid. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

:eek: Thats weird, that happens to me only when I click anywhere else before the "right click > Splash". You have to add it instantly after doing the cid thing :p Didnt know it could happen this way too though, but its better to do it how you said :thumbup:

Also forgot to tell you as last step to re-check in items.otb to see if the item was there :D (usually it auto-assigns itself to Others).

Cheers~

Back