• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Saving tables [TFS 1.2]

Ovnyx

Solutions
Reaction score
hi guys,
i was wondring if it is a good idea to storage some lua tables with player information, in txt or bin file? so i can read it each time i need to use that information?

thanks in advice,
Ovnyx.

Last edited:
For what reason?
You can use storage values insted (storing it in the database).

Solution
yeah i tried with StorageValue but it can only store numeric values as i understand, so i founded this system:
Code:
https://otland.net/threads/lib-storing-information-items-and-players-tfs-1-2.241873/

and it works awesome because i needed to store a table, but when i store something in the table with a "key", and then i set to nil that key sometimes the value doesnt become nil.
I think its because im not using it properly, so im doing tests to get how to correct use this because i dont think it have errors.

i opened the thread because, i dont know how on my desktop appere a bin file, containing the table i saved to a player while testing days ego and i didnt notice, so i wanted to know how the hell i did that hahahahah

so really thanks for your answer, and ill continue testing this system.

Ovnyx.

Back