• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

script book whit text inside

Lua:
local book = doPlayerAddItem(cid,1955,1)
doSetItemText(book,"TEXT.")

Should it be obtainable from a quest?

Last edited:
Can't find lua method to add text to a certain readable item in TFS 1.2. Maybe i could add text attribute in c++ and then use item:addAttribute, but i think that is too much necessary work.

Or can i just use container content as a reward, and i can change text of container content in RME. But i don't know LUA function for getting content of a container. I ll be searching now, but if u know please post it.

Last edited:
if you want to create a item (ex: Purple Tome, itemId: 1982) to always have a writing in it (depending in case, just send different text), all you have to do is create a new Action ( <action itemid="1982" script="other/myBook.lua"/> ) and then create a lua file with the funciont onUse() that calls player:showTextDialog(item.itemid, text).. hope it helps

Back