• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Script System between TFS 0.3.6 and TFS 1.3x

War-Ots

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm trying to build a server, at the beginning I was planning to use TFS 0.3.6 but I can't manage to compile it on ubuntu 18.04 (this thread talks a bit about it) so I'm forced to use TFS 1.3x.. my question is if I can use scripts from TFS 0.3.6 on TFS 1.3x ?

Thanks in advance

Solution
E
why do people insists on using an engine that is ELEVEN years old?
2020-04-22 08_59_15.png

when they can use an up to date one downgraded by @Nekiro that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better 🤔

@topic
yes it will mostly work, because of the compat.lua file
Hey guys I'm trying to build a server, at the beginning I was planning to use TFS 0.3.6 but I can't manage to compile it on ubuntu 18.04 (this thread talks a bit about it) so I'm forced to use TFS 1.3x.. my question is if I can use scripts from TFS 0.3.6 on TFS 1.3x ?

Thanks in advance
Yes, but you will be probably forced to make some changes in it.
Anyway i starting my project in 0.3.6 then after adding some new things i hit the wall... Using new sources are good choice.

Currently i am moving from 0.3.7 to 1.3 (8.6)
Most of functions can work with it event if there is something not working, it will be easy to convert it.
It will take some time but at the end tfs 1.3 is much better.

The goal to use tfs 0.3.6 was to use already made scripts.

As I see is not worth to use such old server and tfs 1.3 is better. Well it was my opinion at the beginning but I was advised to use 0.3.6. Big thanks to every one <3

Back