• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter and mapper looking for a job

Oskar1121

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a professional LUA/C++ scripter/mapper and I'm looking for a job.
 I have been working since 2009. Also, I'm an experienced developer.
 If you are interested in hiring me, I can work for 12$ per hour.

That was the price for creating map. I'm pretty fast at it. Also, creating map requires finding a lot of ideas etc. Anyway, every script has got it's own price and actually the time which I'm going to spend it on doesn't matter that much.

Here are some examples of my work,

Mapping thread:
http://otland.net/threads/oskar-mapping-thread.155854/

And one of a lot of my scripts:

Last edited:
Most people would pay you per job.

The reason is, if someone pays you $12 per hour, and it takes you 10 hours to make a shovel dig a hole, then they just paid you $120 to make a shovel script that already exists on the forums.

i might be intrested.. price were kind of crazy tough.. as flatlander said..

Agreed, for example, I pay my spriter per frame, so if he wants, he can work all day and present 150 frames.
Or if he is lazy, he can make 0 frames.

But no matter what, he gets paid for the work he does.

Scripting is very hard to judge pricing on, because if I wanted to, I could script in a way where my scripts were really long, but it would be better if I made them short. So pricing is hard to figure out for a scripter. Which is why we usually get paid by job.

For example:
Lets say someone tells me to make something work, like lets say they want a source edits that allows monsters to fight each other, and they will pay me $50 to do it.

I would either accept the $50, and do the job,
or say "I can do that for $50, or I can make it so you can set monsters into groups, and then set each group to have allies, enemies, or neutrals, and you can manage all this in the monsters.xml and even change groups in lua scripts, and i'll do that for $75.

Then they can either accept or decline my counter-offer.

As for mapping, you'd get paid per job on that too, so for example they'd say "make a forest town and i'll pay you $50" and you'd make a forest town, then they would look at it, and if they want it better detailed, or for you to re-do some part of the town, you'd have to decide if doing more is worth what they are paying you, or if you should ask for more before doing more work on that town.

But you usually get paid after you do the job, that way, if you do a bad job and it is terrible, then they just don't pay you.

Back