• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Mapping Works

Dante_

Philosopher (Owner of Ethraeum)
Premium User
Reaction score
Well, I'm giving mapping a shot, and I will start off by stating the obvious... I'm a scripter, so I have no idea how to map... at all, this is my first try at a cave, so constructive criticism is needed.

Note: Not for showoff, meant to show what I can do and further my mapping.

Last edited:
It's not bad. Just needs a few more details and some borders by those stairs that you forgot.
Keep goin! :)

albion.png

Fixed up the first map a bit more

albion2.png

Second bit, that leads into the first map.

Constructive criticism is all I will reply to. >.> Keep in mind, I am a scripter, not a mapper.

Doesnt matter if ur a scripter, thats just an excuse, mapping has to be rated by the same scala from sucky to epicness, and it doesnt matter if a scripter made it or an alien ~

Anyways, i like the second pic, first one is kind of empty.
and u shud make the sand on the grass abit wider, not just these lines of sand ~

Oh, I know that much, I'm just notifying why my skills are not on the same caliber as Neon. I expect to be rated just as harshly, but so people won't be smart asses, I've taken the opportunity to point out that my scripting is much better.

As for the first one, it's meant to be an entrance to a main cave, will be uploading more soon, as for the second one, the only part that is actually done on that is the mountain part, not the rest. There is still a ton of work to do on the island part.

Thank you very much though, at least you are literate and gave real criticism.

Its crap, I'm going to be honest with you. Sure you're a beginner and obviously therefore have no skill in the mapping field.
I want you to stop using autoborder so much, think about the environment you're creating (cave, beach, mountains)
and double think about the items or borders that you are using.

Tips:

1. Use Raw Palette. Get acquainted with the map editor, find which list the items are under that you need to create your setting.
2. Mix some items maybe, depending if it matches, grass tufts do easily.

If it's your first try at a cave, why bother posting it? If you want criticism, it sucks, just like everybody elses first cave. Keep practicing and looking at other maps and screenshots, then post more when you have put in a effort to learn how to map, just sayin.

Its crap, I'm going to be honest with you. Sure you're a beginner and obviously therefore have no skill in the mapping field.
I want you to stop using autoborder so much, think about the environment you're creating (cave, beach, mountains)
and double think about the items or borders that you are using.

Tips:

1. Use Raw Palette. Get acquainted with the map editor, find which list the items are under that you need to create your setting.
2. Mix some items maybe, depending if it matches, grass tufts do easily.

It doesent matter if his maps are autobordered, if he could map with autoborder.
Me and James~ are autobordering everytime when we start the editor.

Well he is a beginner just give him time to improve.
I think it's a good try, but keep improving, then you will become better and better.

albion3.png

Crash site, as you can see, the culprit is a dragon, thus the flames.

This was done 100% in RAW.

In the map editor r items that float on the water like rotten meat and alot of other stuff, u cud use that instead of those wooden trash.
Also i dont like the floor on the ship.

Ya, I'm going to look into the floor, I'm trying to give it the appearance of complete destruction. Thus I used those borders since it appears broken.

albion3.png

Edit: Took your advice, changed the floor and added more trash.

Last edited:
Yea but it looks weird, there r broken wooden floors (I think they are also used in vengoth), use these.

Ya, I'm going to look into the floor, I'm trying to give it the appearance of complete destruction. Thus I used those borders since it appears broken.

albion3.png

Yea but it looks weird, there r broken wooden floors (I think they are also used in vengoth), use these.

Used a different floor, also, I'm 8.54 mapping. So I do not believe I have Vengoth tiles.

The trash looks like it's levitating on water..

Either use the floating objects or delete them.

Yea i alrdy told him to use the floating trash but seems that hes mapping with the 8.54 or so, so he probably hasnt even got these items.

albion3.png

the storyline u give to this work, looks alot like paulotorres suppose to do.
=(

Who? All my work is original, I keep it in a creative writing book. If you go to the link in my signature there is a genesis to my game, I'm also writing a story based on the genesis which I may or may not get published, all depends on if I can stomach the thought of an ending.

One more fix to the boat, along with the surroundings:
albion3.png

More cave work with a try at something new and different: (Everything is on one floor)
albion4.png

Back