• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripting Competition?

ghettobird

LUA newbie
Reaction score
Hello OTland, well i saw the mapping competition thread so i just thought why not make a scripting competition?

Well here is my idea,

There will be 3 ranks, ultimate scripting competition, medium scripting competition and the newbie scripting competition.

Now here's how it goes, you sign up to w/e one you like and MODS will check you out, so we don't end up with printer/cykotitan or any other experienced LUA SCRIPTER winning all the events, you can only participate in 1 event and Mark (owner of OTland) or whoever is capable of doing that will choose people to host the competition (users...) and they are the ones that have to approve people signing up, which means cykotitan can't sign up for the newbie lua scripting competition...

What you should have/do to sign up?
You should have more than 100+ posts to join & you gotta be a member from at least 3 months.

MODS can choose the prizes i don't have anything in mind ATM but i really hope you like my idea and i hope Mark will do it ;)

Premium time as usual? :D

nah, i was thinking like they get to host the next competition, but maybe i get to host the first scripting competition? :p

PS: This is just to encourage scripters to act and others to learn scripting. I saw a lot of owners that don't know anything about scripting and they rely on other people for that so maybe this encourages them to learn :p

Hello OTland, well i saw the mapping competition thread so i just thought why not make a scripting competition?

Well here is my idea,

There will be 3 ranks, ultimate scripting competition, medium scripting competition and the newbie scripting competition.

Now here's how it goes, you sign up to w/e one you like and MODS will check you out, so we don't end up with printer/cykotitan or any other experienced LUA SCRIPTER winning all the events, you can only participate in 1 event and Mark (owner of OTland) or whoever is capable of doing that will choose people to host the competition (users...) and they are the ones that have to approve people signing up, which means cykotitan can't sign up for the newbie lua scripting competition...

What you should have/do to sign up?
You should have more than 100+ posts to join & you gotta be a member from at least 3 months.

MODS can choose the prizes i don't have anything in mind ATM but i really hope you like my idea and i hope Mark will do it ;)
So you can't be in the competition?! You've only been here for a month. And I think that the winners should get free premium time <3.

Yes I won't be allowed to be in the competition for 2 months, so i thought i would be the hoster of the competition for the next two months then we choose another member to host it :)

well i guess this is what were gonna do, the hoster will ask for a script based on each level as stated in the main post and the users gotta make it by themselves, also they gotta make a video tutorial and post it on the forum to clarify that it's 100% there work
clear.png

well i guess this is what were gonna do, the hoster will ask for a script based on each level as stated in the main post and the users gotta make it by themselves, also they gotta make a video tutorial and post it on the forum to clarify that it's 100% there work
clear.png
The video thing might be a problem for some people, but also the scripts could be judged by how short/indented/advanced they are.

Exactly that's what i mean, and the hoster will test the scripts in his/her own test server and post that it works.
Users can rate them too, then there will be a POLL that only experienced scripters can vote on (including the hoster of the competition) and the script with the highest vote will win.

Winner will get a prize of hosting the next competition? laal? Can't see anything good in this but let it be.

I can't see anything good in the whole Idea tho this is scripting not mapping

Hosting the competition comes with it's benefits like having 1 month of a premium time until the next competition has started and he/she will get to encourage newbies to act. I don't think of this as something they do for a prize, i think of this as something they do because they want to learn & improve themselves and then OTland rewards them with a thank you of it's own...

I love the idea, look forward too seeing what you come up with. :)

Excuse me? I said it can be checked by MODS and they say if it worked w/e OTland chooses also I don't have a server, I'm more focused on scripting not creating my own server.

I always wanted to see this type of competition, like they post a vid/picture of what the script do.
But the thing is, it will suck if someone outside host it. I hope a MOD will hold this!

I think maybe you should need a video of your script, (short youtube video and in the youtube video's comment you explain the script)

I would totally join this competition. BUT I think you should also require a Topic (just like the mapping competition does)

Hard to judge scripts when they are all completely different, rather than being in the same category.

I'll definetly join this competition, I love these kind of scripting things

Back