Lua Scripting Guide

Dantarrix

Best answers
Reaction score
cid = refers to player
item = refers to used item
fromPosition = refers position of the used item...
itemEx = refers to the use with item... if u use rope on box, box will be itemEx...
toPosition = refers to itemEx position...

killerjrv

Best answers
Reaction score
thx dude and do kno how to make custom tibia 9.31 spells cuz im haveing sum trouble with tht shit for a while now

luigilc

Lua Learner
Best answers
Reaction score
Starting off on my programming courses, will use this to study lua, thank you very much for it!

mrwhite

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello there.

I'd like to ask 'bout a problem that's driving me crazy on my enforced ot.

All the new and already created characters have got magic level 20 and skills 10, with level fixed at 80, configured at config.lua and lowlevellock.lua..

My question is:

Is it possible to get new player's magic levels - (EK = 10) (MS and ED = 60) (RP = 25) - fixed at those numbers, even if the player die? Just the same way the level works, when the min level is for example 100 and you die, degrown to 99 but get level 100 again, and you are able to be level 100+ by killing other players..

And, of course, the same script for skills of paladins and knights, starting like 80 for dist of RP and 70 for meele skills of EKS and never get down of that when you get killed by some shit, but you still able to get 71..79..90 skills, and more by training.

I preciate your attention, and appologize for my bag english.

Yours,

Zed.

JuanC

Best answers
Reaction score
Can anyone finish the tutorial?

Shinmaru

エロルアー Scripter!
Best answers
Reaction score
I'll try to fork the whole tutorial and complete the rest.

unixstyle297

~NewPDX U2D Founder~
Best answers
Reaction score
The best tutorial, when I read this much more, I was scripting better. Thanks. ~unix

frap

Best answers
Reaction score
Oh bro i want to congrats to you cause this guide really help me to do what i want, i'am from chile and i have a little knowledge of englisht and i understand you at 100 %, thank you.
always we gonna appreciate the people who do something for one else.

Ussef

Best answers
Reaction score
dude could u show me how to make a vocation door?

tetra20

DD
Best answers
Reaction score
Awesome Tutorial I Learned how to script Ty Evil Hero <3<3<3

Marok

Excellent OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Very nice !
Can someone complete this tutorial ?

Dev Addled

Best answers
Reaction score
Great tutorial for control structures! I am excited to see the examples for tables and looping through tables, my guess is that it involves nesting.

Also, I'd like to point out that the "repeat loops" is commonly known as a "do while" loop.

-Addled

Seksy

Best answers
Reaction score
Wow a lot of no-it-alls lol... I am a beginer. I know the basics. For me, this tutorial actually explained a whole lot. It gave me the breakdown of the code in layman's terms... and it helped me understand better what the functions and the other stuff does. I have looked at scripts that come with a distro, able to decipher bits and pieces but this actually helped me understand and be able to read and write my own code. Try to keep in mind, YOU may know how to script with your eyes closed, but most of us don't really know that much. This tutorial is great for us beginers. Maybe it sucks for you experts but its great for us.

Here is my recommendation... Instead of being dicks to people and talking shit about how they did something, why don't you do it better? why don't you create a tutorial about the same thing that is "better" than this if you think this sux so much.

Ty :) Rep ++ for this thread.
My thoughts exactly !!!
This explained a lot for me as well but I do have some open questions as im sure many others on occasion will ask
I assume ( and ) are containers such as (this is contained here) and I assume that )) basically ends that particular line of code or statement and move on to the next right??
and I assume that ); or )); end the line of code and begins a new execution ?? or does any of my question make sense??

those parts are mostly confusing for me. what is the proper format for writing the code out..functions I get but format is the key to making it work.

imkingran

Learning everyday.
Premium User
Best answers
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm really new at these things and your broke it down so nicely for me.

Good Job!