• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Search function to view threads created by a specific user

Xikini

I whore myself out for likes
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
There used to be a way to do this by going to the profile of a user, clicking on posts, view more, and then it had an option to filter by thread created or all.

But at some point that feature was removed or forgotten.

Problem is, it's a very useful feature to have when trying to research a specific topic, and I always wished it was a part of the default search function.
Now that we don't have it as an option at all (unless I'm incredibly blind), I really think it needs to be implemented.

So yeah, that's my suggestion.

I would like to be able to use the search function to filter results of threads created/started by a specific user.

Unfortunately I wish that was the case.

Using that search function only shows the posts of a user, not the threads created by a user, such as the function on a person's profile page.
(Again thanks for finding it.)

Here's the difference
Untitled.png

Then use Advanced Search
View attachment 46108
Did you actually try to search a user and only get content/threads created by them?
I tried that method earlier and couldn't get it to work.. and tried again just now and still couldn't.

Did you actually try to search a user and only get content/threads created by them?
I tried that method earlier and couldn't get it to work.. and tried again just now and still couldn't.
Oh, it actually searches threads where you posted, nvm. Well, then only through profile.

And hopefully inside of search as well, in the future. xD

Bumping this post because, again, I've run into this issue.

If a person hides their profile / limits the people who can view their profile, it's impossible to find all threads created by that user.

It worked for me, I tried searching for a user who hides/limit his profile and I got all threads by him.
printer.PNG
but when I tried doing the same to a banned user, I couldn't do it and it doesn't even show his name.

It worked for me, I tried searching for a user who hides/limit his profile and I got all threads by him.
View attachment 49205
but when I tried doing the same to a banned user, I couldn't do it and it doesn't even show his name.
Those are all of their posts, not their threads. xP

Back