• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Searching for highly skilled scripters, mappers, coders etc. with payment

xzec

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

Foreword:
I've always wanted to start a project, where it has some features from the next-generation MMO's, but still keep the core of Tibia's gameplay. I want items, death, teamwork etc. to truly matter, not to just be some cheap solution to boredom.
The project will be completely non-profitable; I despise the pay-to-win approach that has taken over the OT community. Here, you have to make an effort in-game to get the items you want.
Game server will most likely be hosted in Sweden, since they got the best host services for the cheapest price. When the server dies and I cancel the hosting service, I will then share everything here on OTLand; except if otherwise asked not to, I will respect others work and let them profit from it.
I want to use a 100% tracked map from the original Tibia, because it has a great layout and everyone instantly feels familiar with it. However, the reason I want it to be heavily modified afterwards is, because there's so much area that isn't visited anymore because it's already explored. I want to bring that back, and with that, new hunting areas and quests can be found.

I will pay up to 500+ euros in total depending on how much and how well you're able to do the job. I will pay by work done, in the sense that I will pay for each script, map and so forth; think royalties.

Vision:
I want to use a 100% tracked map from the original Tibia, because everyone instantly feels familiar to it and it got a relatively great layout. However, since it's been completely explored, so to speak, then a lot of areas are never visited anymore. I want to bring that back, where you explore new areas for hunting places and quests, while still having a nostalgic feeling and familiarity to it.

The creatures will also be modified to scale better with the experience rate that will be used, so that you have more variety in creatures to hunt, though still be consistent with the original Tibia (e.g. won't use Swamp Trolls as a level 80 hunting place). The loot drops will also be modified; in the sense that creature products, common items and coins will replace armors, weapons etc. as loot drop.
Creatures will also be modified in terms of stats and abilities based on vocations, so you have creatures specifically designed for f.ex. a Paladin.

Armor and weapons will not be dropped by creatures, but instead from instanced and semi-instanced quests with a certain drop chance, so that you don't complete all quests so quickly and thus have more to do in PvE. Instanced quests prevents quest services, griefing and the overall supply and demand ratio. Which could potentially bring back the economy and interaction between players.
The armors will be modified and made as a set for each vocation (e.g. Yalahari set for Mages, Golden set for Knights and Zaoan set for Paladins), with a few bonuses if all the pieces are worn.

In the original Tibia, there's a lot of unsolvable quests (e.g. Serpentine Tower) and unreachable locations (e.g. magic walls in Time Ring Quest) that I would want to make solvable based on the rumors around on the various Tibia-related forums, as well as hints and riddles from NPC's, creatures, items, objects and so forth. These new custom quests will make all the unobtainable items available, such as Hammer of Prophecy, Elethriel's Elemental Bow etc.

Armor rating, defense rating and shielding will be completely revamped for PvE specifically (will stay the same in PvP as original Tibia), in a way that would encourage team work much more, as well as force Mages and Paladins to actually hunt from a distance on certain creatures.

Needed:
  • Coder(s)
  • Scripter(s)
  • Web designer(s)
  • Mapper(s)

PS! Please refrain from using a template. If you're a mapper or a web designer, then showing off your best piece is enough for me. If you're a coder or a scripter, then tell me what you believe you can do for me. The rest we'll take through PM or some other medium (e.g. Steam, Teamspeak, Skype etc.).

What is expected to be done:
  • 100% tracked original Tibia map, which is then heavily modified afterwards.
  • About 70+ quests from the original Tibia, with some of them heavily modified afterwards, and around 20+ custom quests as well.
  • Raid system, world events and world change quests.
  • Instance and semi-instance system, like when raiding in the next-gen MMO's.
  • New party loot system for the instance system.
  • New threat system (re-targeting).
  • Multi-targeting by creatures.
  • The latest update of war and alliance system from the original Tibia.
  • Improved guild system.
  • PvP-restricted areas (Non-, Optional-, Open- and Hardcore).
  • Custom experience table (instead of increasing experience rate).
  • Custom loot drop of majority of the original creatures, with custom NPC buy lists.
  • And much, much more.

If some of this is too far-fetched for whatever reasons, then don't hesitate to elaborate on why it's so.

Kind regards,
xZEC.

Last edited:
I could help u with some things im decent at what I do not the best but I do work hard

I would make this a donation server but only when u reach a certain level u can buy certain items if u do not want to lvl more and do the quests I mean make some profit but make it possible for all people to get the items another way

u can buy from summ and sn3ejk scripts :D

edit:
its sn3ejk not snejk lol

Sorry for the late respond. Been away for the past week.

@ Wolffy:
Thanks, but what do you have to offer?

@ 4Muki4:
Much appreciated for the tip. I will definitely check out with them.

@ man boob:
Looking for the latest map from the original Tibia, however, it will also be heavily modified; so that places no-one ever puts their feet on is used.

Why not just start from a fully costum map instead of revamping the whole Global map?

@ hehemidu:
Reason is, I like the layout from the original one, it brings a nostalgic feeling to me. However, there's a lot of space not visited anymore, since it's already explored and isn't of any use. I want to bring some of that back; custom quests for the unobtainable items, new respawns to explore and whatnot.

Same goes for quests. I want players to try figure things out; perhaps not to the point like the rope spots in Pits of Inferno, or the invisible tiles in Helmet of the Ancient; where you're essentially just guessing how to get through, but actually figuring things out. As well as non-spoilable objectives. In a sense, skill-based objectives.

Name
Sherif

-Availability (hours per day)
Roughly 16+ hours

-Do I have basic people skills, am I truthful and willing to enforce the rules to protect my community?
Yes. I got over 4 years of GODS experience in WoW-Private servers hosting up to 300+ players. Also I'm Not Bad Scripter I Can Script (Items,Spells,Runes,Donation Staff,Weapons,Events,Actions) Also Im Bug Fixer And I'm always un-biased and follow the rules as they're stated Any With Ur Teaching Me I Will Be Better In A Very Short Time Because U Need Some Hard Things Maybe I Know Alot Of It.

-Where I study?
I'm currently studying in University

-What is my English level?
I would say my English level is very high.

-How many languages do you know and please level each of them.
English - High
Arabic - High

-What do I think I'll do after you hire me?
I'll get right on work. Introduce myself to the community and what my work will be. I will be spending alot of time on the forums of the chosen server to get to know people aswell as be ingame to learn as much as possible of the server.

-Why should you choose me?
I'm a very kind person, helpful, considerate, and resourceful. I'm a stickler for rules and authority. Meaning, there's a reason people are put in position of authority, so everyone can enjoy their experience and not have to be hassled. I like to make sure people are having fun, and not getting harassed or cheated by people who think it's okay to do so Anyway You Won't Lose Anything If U Tested Me.

If you are interested please leave a messege here or in my inbox.

Thanks For Respecting!! (Mome)<<Here!! ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Im Helping For Free If You Interested :)

Regards..

Mome!! ^^

@ shiko4ever:
From what I'm getting from your post, you're offering to be a gamemaster? I'm sorry to say, but I won't pay for gamemasters, if that was what you were expecting in return. It's a bit too early to worry about gamemasters right now. Thanks for your offer though!

@ shiko4ever:
No worries, just read the threads you post in next time.

Xzec Will You Add Me On Skype So We Can Talk :)

Give it up. You don't have the skills which are need for any of the tasks he offers.

Not gonna apply. If you need any scripts message me, for free. dont need money for a few freetime hours of work.

message me if you need someone.

@ Summ:
Thanks! It's been a while since I last was on this forum, and I don't know the new faces here. :)

@ Blazed Druid:
Thanks a lot; much appreciated, truly! I'll give a nudge when I've scrambled a team together.

@ OT:
Been away for a bit, but I haven't given this project up just yet. I am serious about this, and I understand there has to be a certain trust when it comes to a big project like this. It doesn't help either that I'm a no-name nobody around here, but I've got a huge passion for Tibia and my vision for it. Hopefully people here will give me a chance and show you all I'll live up to my words.

GamePosition : MAPPER

How long can you be active daily (hours) : 6-8

What languages do you speak: Swedish,english and little spanish

Do you speak fluent English: Yes

Do you respect people: Of course I do! If they respect me, I respect them the same way back

Why should we choose you to be a Staff member: I have experience staff member in several other OT Servers like Evolera,GameFate and Natala, I have been mapping in like a year now and i'm trying to learn how to script as well. I'm a very helpful staff member as trying to help as much as possible.

Why do you want to help me: Beacasue i love to help people out with their Ot servers :)

Are you willing to give up social time in order to help people out? Yes

Are you Doing this for fun? Yes and no. Yes because I believe a good staff member will enjoy his position and have fun while helping out, and no because I also take my position seriously.

Why should you choose me:
Because I like to help the players and do not like to abuse Furthermore, I try to be as good staff member as I can with the players and be kind to them so they like the server more. I care a lot about the OT Servers.I also want to improve the server and make it as enjoyable as possible.

You can contact me with skype, Basse971

Last edited:
I should've probably mentioned this in TS, but there's no need to use a template. Showing off your best piece is enough for me, and we take it from there through PM or some other medium. :)

Imo, make a custom map with lots of parts from the rl map. Such as quests, maybe some city, some spawn etc. I really can't imagine the rl map any other way than it is, making a "custom global map" would just confuse me..but maybe thats just me :(

Back