• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Seeking Assistance: Retrieving SpriteID and ClientID Mapping

bengalien

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score
  • Goal: To retrieve a JSON file that maps SpriteIDs to their corresponding ClientIDs.
The Challenges:

While working on this project, I have encountered a challenge in understanding how the Assets Editor links SpriteIDs and ClientIDs internally. Although I can observe this mapping in the Assets Editor's graphical user interface, I have not been able to locate the specific code or logic within the source code that accomplishes this.

What I'm Looking For:

I am seeking assistance in the following ways:

1. Guidance: If you have experience with the Assets Editor or similar applications, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to extract the SpriteID-ClientID mapping from the application's source code.
  2. Code Review: If you are skilled in reverse engineering or analyzing code, your expertise would be valuable in identifying the relevant portions of the source code responsible for this mapping.
  3. Suggestions: Any suggestions, tips, or insights on how to approach this task effectively would be highly appreciated.

Please reply to this thread or send me a direct message. Sharing your expertise and insights will greatly assist in achieving the project's goal.

Obtaining the SpriteID-ClientID mapping will be a significant milestone, and I am thankful for any help the OTLand community can provide.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Roram

Back