• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Segmentation fault

thomson9292

Solutions
Reaction score
What is a segmentation fault?

OTS (1.3 tfs) crash with this communicate in console (ubuntu 16.04 LEMP):
segmentation fault

I guess it's something wrong with memory. How to fix this?

Solution
It didn't help. I think problem appears when I kill master and summons in the same time but I'm not sure. I will test it in the moment.

0TvApA1.jpg

I add my changed parts of code to make no doubt about this.

XTZQ2e3.png

When I kill 2 summons and master nothing happens. When I kill 4 summons and master it crashes the server.

A97BRht.jpg

I tried to kill even 10 summons in the same time but without killing the master. It didnt cause the problem. Crash appears when I kill 2+ summons with master in the same time.

Are you sure that you compiled it again properly? It doesn't happen to me at all anymore.
You have to do rm -rf build and run cmake + make...
are you using the official tfs or using an edited version of yours?
there's not anything wrong with the memory itself, segfaults are caused by the program attempting to read/write to an illegal memory location
if you changed something provide the code

Run it with a debugger, then you can make out what's crashing it i ur lucky.
Instead of doing ./tfs , do gdb ./tfs and then when its loaded tell it to "run"

are you using the absolute latest version?
there was a summon bug that could have affected Monster::death and caused a crash
redownload the latest version which has the fix

I changed files as you said but problem still exists.

It happens often when I kills groups of monsters. I'm not sure which one could be bugged (maybe summoned slimes?)

lIRjJOM.jpg

8QpTP2J.png

Ok I think problem appears when I kill many summoned monsters (didn't noticed any porblem with not summoned monsters). When I kill one summon everything works right.
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

nturWSG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't help. I think problem appears when I kill master and summons in the same time but I'm not sure. I will test it in the moment.

0TvApA1.jpg

XTZQ2e3.png

When I kill 2 summons and master nothing happens. When I kill 4 summons and master it crashes the server.

A97BRht.jpg

I tried to kill even 10 summons in the same time but without killing the master. It didnt cause the problem. Crash appears when I kill 2+ summons with master in the same time.

Last edited:

0TvApA1.jpg

XTZQ2e3.png

A97BRht.jpg

Are you sure that you compiled it again properly? It doesn't happen to me at all anymore.
You have to do rm -rf build and run cmake + make again.

I can try to help you through Team Viewer if you still keep getting the crash. You can just send me id and password through PM.

Solution
You have to do rm -rf build and run cmake + make again.

I can try to help you through Team Viewer if you still keep getting the crash. You can just send me id and password through PM.
you don't have to delete build, just write:
PHP:
make clean
make
and it will re-compile everything

Back