• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Segmentation fault?

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Hi,
Using OTServBr-global. Just got a random message and a server crash called Segmentation fault. How do I solve this?
Got this:
a59f7affc692d5c5f5568247bf7e23c0.png

Logging with gdb is attatched
also: I tried to re-compile the SRC but no progress there.

And yes, I did check through alot of diffrent posts. But none seem to have solved the Issue. That's where I got the GDB dbugging from inc. the Idea to recompile

If helpful:
I used MyAcc website, remade the whole database from it and switched over to a clean database with Gesior Acc

Also:
Tried with the old database, reimported onto a new one. Still an Segmentation fault..

Also:
Memory seems to be fine? 6000x6000 map /Custom map
892ab936a4bd84b6c933c027cf640e61.png

"Segmentation fault is caused by a bug in the application. Technically it means that application try to read or write to part of memory that doesn't belongs to it (or doesn't exist). It's of course forbidden to read or write to somebody else's memory and when system (kernel) detects this, it will force the application to quit."

Update: Can't find any solution, what causes it and how do you solve it?..

Attachments

• Segmentation Fault.txt
    60.8 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
  • Segmentation Fault bt full & backtrace.txt
    62 KB · Views: 5 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Solution
@Klonera
What did you set in config.lua in option "discordWebhookURL" ?

It's otservbr. It crashes, but in this case, changing discordWebhookURL to empty string should make it work.
It will crash later in other part of code... or players will lag it with lootbag.
That's sort of what I've checked up. Files that are attatched are both from those commands.
e842e916053655555ed63f48f76823d8.png

<RET>
7f8810aeaced544666194c199d703739.png
Not much of help but Im having this same exact issue with TFS 1.3, its an old repo however and as i didnt succeed to compile the newest repo Im trying to close out whats wrong, its very very time consuming and annoying making checks in the source. Also to point out, it ran perfectly fine at my windows machine but on Ubuntu it crashes at all times.

@Klonera

It's otservbr. It crashes, but in this case, changing discordWebhookURL to empty string should make it work.
It will crash later in other part of code... or players will lag it with lootbag.

Last edited:
Solution
@Klonera

You legit solved my issue I tried to solve for 2 days, that seemd to have been the issue.
Thanks!

Back