• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Senoria Maps

Place Start hunts
You can Start with Rotworm then up stairs west and u'll fined a stairs u can up and fined a dragon hunt spawn / dragon lord too :)

2sPMByV.png

Half the people on this site offer nothing for the people trying to better themselves.

1. Maps are autoborder. Which means it looks like a cheap evolution server. Not something someone really wants to see on the mapping forum. It has no logic other than for killing monsters and leveling.
2. I'd rather find this in a discussion thread for your server, rather than in the mapping thread. Because it looks like you didn't but much effort into this. So you could please people more with the idea of what kind of server you hope to accomplish.
3. I see you have an idea and a plan. But your acting out on it, I think you lost what you were trying to show. You went the easy route it seems instead of showing something original.

Don't give up though! Keep trying and take a look at other peoples work on here, see how they map, and find someway to map it in your own way.

But this:
YrWnj2x.png

This is really cool! But you are using some nature that doesn't belong there(bamboo).

Half the people on this site offer nothing for the people trying to better themselves.

1. Maps are autoborder. Which means it looks like a cheap evolution server. Not something someone really wants to see on the mapping forum. It has no logic other than for killing monsters and leveling.
2. I'd rather find this in a discussion thread for your server, rather than in the mapping thread. Because it looks like you didn't but much effort into this. So you could please people more with the idea of what kind of server you hope to accomplish.
3. I see you have an idea and a plan. But your acting out on it, I think you lost what you were trying to show. You went the easy route it seems instead of showing something original.

Don't give up though! Keep trying and take a look at other peoples work on here, see how they map, and find someway to map it in your own way.

But this:
YrWnj2x.png

This is really cool! But you are using some nature that doesn't belong there(bamboo).

Thanks for ur opnion

Why are you guys such assholes? We all start from the bottom.

@Topic
Try to make it more more natural, all squary seems unatural try checking out good mappers and just kind of copy what they do at the end it actually helps.

Why are you guys such assholes? We all start from the bottom.

@Topic
Try to make it more more natural, all squary seems unatural try checking out good mappers and just kind of copy what they do at the end it actually helps.

Sorry but i don't copy anything
and i like to work alone...and i never try to be like someone i always turst myself and i like what i do ;)

Thank You For Opnion

Sorry but i don't copy anything
and i like to work alone...and i never try to be like someone i always turst myself and i like what i do ;)

Thank You For Opnion
Well not actually post it it's just let's say to get the vibe, to practice, it actually helped me a lot when I was starting.

FovIsMaBV.png

fbZ5DTLU.png

Here are some examples of good nature.

XHqIh6A.jpg

Here's an example of not good nature.

Last edited:
I'm new to mapping too myself, but I won't showoff something that's not 90% complete, or fully done.

You want to show the people that they will have an interesting nature around them... depends on the server ofc.

My first real mapping was inspired by Neon, Peroxide etc.
You should look into their work and then compare it with yours.
Look outside. You won't find an waterfall coming out of nowhere.
You won't find squared hills,
you won't find giant mushrooms while walking on a dirt behind you house, for example.

Remapping something doesn't mean you just change 2 things and add some trees.
Use imagination.

PS:
If you want me to prove you about the mushrooms, I'll gladly post a photo of the nature behind my parent's house.

Last edited:
Seeing as I'll probably never see this thread again, and it's not a joke thread I'll give constructive criticism / generally helpful advice.

As others have stated it is generally more pleasing to look at and walk through a map that is made to look like the natural environment.
This by no means, means.., (insert awkward word usage here) that you need to copy others work, or even be motivated by seeing other peoples work.
While most people do find encouragement in seeing something they wish to aspire to, it doesn't mean you need to be as good as them.
But on the other hand, if your going to display your work on a public forum you must understand that in most cases quality is better then quantity.
People will post their opinion, and it is up to you if you wish to reject their opinion or advice.
So far the comments have indeed been mostly negative. If your posting your work on the internet it's generally a good policy to completely or mostly finish something before posting it.
As it stands experienced users of a map editor can create the map you have posted in about 5 minutes, or less.
I definitely understand that this, so far, is your accomplished work, and you've most likely spent quite a bit of time on it.
Great! We always welcome new members to the forums.. but again.. on the other hand we really do like to see finished work as opposed to work in progress maps.
I would strongly consider changing your title to "Wason's work-in-progress maps, along with remodeling of existing content".
You'll find people will generally give you advice instead of rather harsh criticism that way.

Anywho, Good luck.

Xikini

Back