• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Serpent Spawns

Sirkka

Reaction score
What the hell just happened?
Some hours ago I could plow down these guys without a problem. With crits from exori rai going from 12-18k, so hits ranged somewhere around 6-9k. But now, my biggest hits are around 2k on these guys/girls. Looks like girls, they got boobs. Anyway. They take ages to kill since they easily outheal my hits. I still have no problem with Medusas. But usually when fighting medusas there's alot of serpent spawns which surrounds me and ends up running away after a while, but now they are mostly almost at full hp when the Medusa is dead even tho I rai as hell.

While both me and a fellow high lvld knight have the same problem, my fellow mages does not seem to have any trouble killing them. So I guess it's melee related.

So, what's up with Serpent Spawns?? And if it's intentional. WHY??!

The monster has high experience and low health, such monsters are supposed to be deadly to kill. Knights posed little-to-no threat of dying against these monsters, so they received a bit of physical resistance to substitute for their lack of difficulty. We have also added more experience to monsters that are harder.
60% protection is what they had when you made this post, and upon further review seems to be a bit ridiculous of a number for such a monster. We have reduced the physical resistance now to a lesser number (nearly half). Utmost, we did this because we did not want to see a player hitting 7-8 serpent spawns for 20% of their hp, every second, making them survive for 7-8 seconds, and then having a massive pool of experience for such an easy accomplishment.
This will also accompany a few new group-hunting boss monsters that will be released in the coming days. Any further questions/discussions welcomed.

Red

Ok, nice to see that you at least lowered the resistance. I can see your point, since the experience gained from Serpent Spawns where quite comparable to Nightmares, and with added loot it makes it a superior hunting spot (at least for me) which defeats the purpose of a nightmares coat in some ways. But now it feels like I'm stuck at hunting nightmares for the rest of eternity to level. And Nightmares is by the far most boring thing to hunt, since there's pretty much no loot at all. I don't know if you've kept in the crown armor and legs, but I haven't looted anything besides demonic essence since I started again. And before I stopped playing I looted 5+ legs/armors á hour, so that was at least some excitement. But hunting now for purely experience at Nightmares feels a bit too much like a korean grinding MMORPG, and I can't really think of something else to solo hunt that is comparable to the enjoyment of hunting Serpent Spawns/Medusas waiting for some nice drop or at least get something to put in your bp. Of course I have to check out how they are now after you lowered the resistance.

Anyway, sudden changes without warnings are a bit annoying, and sometimes (most times) lead to death.

Edit: Oh and it's not the first time an unannounced and unexpected change of (funny enough) Serpent Spawns have killed me.

Ok, nice to see that you at least lowered the resistance. I can see your point, since the experience gained from Serpent Spawns where quite comparable to Nightmares, and with added loot it makes it a superior hunting spot (at least for me) which defeats the purpose of a nightmares coat in some ways. But now it feels like I'm stuck at hunting nightmares for the rest of eternity to level. And Nightmares is by the far most boring thing to hunt, since there's pretty much no loot at all. I don't know if you've kept in the crown armor and legs, but I haven't looted anything besides demonic essence since I started again. And before I stopped playing I looted 5+ legs/armors á hour, so that was at least some excitement. But hunting now for purely experience at Nightmares feels a bit too much like a korean grinding MMORPG, and I can't really think of something else to solo hunt that is comparable to the enjoyment of hunting Serpent Spawns/Medusas waiting for some nice drop or at least get something to put in your bp. Of course I have to check out how they are now after you lowered the resistance.

Anyway, sudden changes without warnings are a bit annoying, and sometimes (most times) lead to death.

Edit: Oh and it's not the first time an unannounced and unexpected change of (funny enough) Serpent Spawns have killed me.

I apologize for any death that may have occurred from changes, but the server is still in "hotfix" mode from the update with bug fixes and map updates nearly every day. Once things are stable, it will be an update every week or so at least. You will not be burdened to hunt nightmares for eternity, because we are soon releasing "boss" monsters for players to hunt in groups that give decent experience for a team of 5-6, and good loot. But slower respawn. There will also be many new monsters for all players in the near future (1k~ zone), so knights, especially, have a lot to look forward to! It's just a matter of time now, how fast we roll out with content, since most bugs seem to be fixed.

Red

Sorry the nerf was all my fault. So if you are mad and want to kill me, im in Vip nm's now untill i nerf them. And once this is achieved i will move onto my next monster.

Hi Red

this is necro about change medusa spawn why you change exp? before gave a 450k now gave a 325k.
which is reason low exp now because nightmare spawn gave a 216k.

because now i think so is better kill nightmare get faster exp.

(Donation to Giant Panda)

Red Nerfed Medusa and Serpent Spawns, Because that is what Renuzit has inside of his P-spawn, and me getting over 150 levels a day inside of there he had to nerf them, this is mostly my fault.

I apologize for any death that may have occurred from changes, but the server is still in "hotfix" mode from the update with bug fixes and map updates nearly every day. Once things are stable, it will be an update every week or so at least. You will not be burdened to hunt nightmares for eternity, because we are soon releasing "boss" monsters for players to hunt in groups that give decent experience for a team of 5-6, and good loot. But slower respawn. There will also be many new monsters for all players in the near future (1k~ zone), so knights, especially, have a lot to look forward to! It's just a matter of time now, how fast we roll out with content, since most bugs seem to be fixed.

Red

Ok, I can understand that.
Also really looking forward to the coming changes! Thanks for the replies.

Back