• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Server closing unexpectedly.

Arkemis

Reaction score
TFS 1.3 Nekiro downgrade 8.6
cip Client 8.6

In testing my server, I leave it on through the night, but every time I wake up it has crashed and isn't running, but then I ran it for 12+ hours, and it never crashed. So I went to bed and left it running, and I woke up 5 hours later and my char was logged out, but TFS wasnt down. So I re-logged in, and in 5 hours when i checked again, TFS was closed.

So last night I attached debugging to it with VS following this tutorial;

It failed in the night, and now Im trying to find the results, but theres no option to "save dump as" as the tutorial instructs. I dug around looking for it, and I cant even be sure it did anything because I cant find anything. I'm stumped.
1633196445375.png

EDIT: I was suspicious that it might not be crashing, but closing on server save, and I remember seeing server save settings in config.lua. Checked it and "serverSaveShutdown" = true. So im assuming its just closing, but then i wonder why it didnt do so the other day when I ran it for over 12 hours, but not during my sleep (7 hours).

Last edited:
Serversave is not based on hours running , its on a specific time set in globalevents.xml
<globalevent name="Server Save" time="09:55:00" script="serversave.lua" />
Literally just had this lightbulb go off. Thank you for the speedy response though. Your fall harvest will be blessed yes.

Back