• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Server connection issues 10060/10061

Awzkum

Reaction score
Hello!

Connection failed. (ERROR 10060)

I've tried countless fixes with no luck that keep working for a longer period of time.

My ports, ip, etc is all 100% set and working.

My IP in my config.lua is my public ip from; What Is My IP? Shows your real IP - IPv4 - IPv6 - WhatIsMyIP.com®
I can log on to the account (port 7171), and see my charcater list, but when I try to connect to the world I get ERROR 10060. (port 7172 is open)

If I set 127.0.0.1/local ip v4 adress, I can connect and everything is fine - but then again it's only local and not accessible for my friends.

I've been trying a bunch of different things to try to solve this issues once and for all..

The closest I got was having both my public IP and local IP in my config.lua
ip = "addnumbersforpublicip"
ip = "addnumbersforlocalip"

This got me connected to the server, and my friend managed to connect as well. However this have only worked once, and it stopped working when I tried to log out of the account and back in again, resulting in ERROR 10060 again (without changing/restarting anything).

Would setting up a no-ip domain solve this issue?

Could it have anything to do with me connecting to a local IP(meaning the DNS f*cks up?) in some way?
I'm thinking about the hosts file in; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Any ideas?

What address are you using to connect to the game (from within the network)? Local or global?

I use my local address, which let me in to the character list, but like I said, won't allow me to connect to the game world. Only loading forever giving me ERROR 10060.

By global, do you mean public? If so, that results in a ERROR 10060 and won't even give me my character list. (My friends can connect, so ports are fine)

Well.. this seems to me like a modem issue. Port opening and stuff. I've been through this and I get it fixed last year.. but since I wasn't dealing with OT stuff. I can't remember properly. But it is definitely modem issue.

Back