• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Server crashes for some reason

Bergvall

cultera.net owner
Reaction score
Hello, I just made my own server, unfortunately it seems to crash too often.
Im pretty sure its not the housebug, because I removed "aleta som" and another house command, can't remember which by this point.
NOTE: aleta som seems to be the only command that causes a crash if you use the housebug, correct me if I'm wrong.

Information:
The server I'm using is 0.3.6pl1
I'm hosting on windows server 2008
The server supports client 8.6

Server has 12gb ram, so memory is most likely NOT the problem.

another NOTE: If there are like 0 players online, server can in most cases run for 2 weeks or more.

I guess It's probably some corrupt script, anyways I would REALLY appreciate any help.

I am ofcourse ready to give away some money, this problem needs to be fixed a.s.a.p.

Thanks in advance!

Are you using in-game guild commands perhaps? ive read somewhere they can be used sometimes to crash.

Do you get any errors in console before crash or?

nah, guild commands are disabled :)
I can't see any errors, just the windows saying "TheForgottenServer has stopped working" ~

Well, i would totaly start using linux if someone could help me :)
So, if someone wanna help me with linux, please tell me.

If you don't know how Linux works i advise you not to use it since you will get pissed and break ur comp when u cant figgure out how to make the stuff xD
Try another Windows distro.. example XP or 7 ;)

Well, I guess it's easier when you've done the hard work (like compiling the server and such). I'm still very interested in changing to linux, pm me if you wanna help :)

Get a linux with GUI (Graphical User Interface) its just like using windows, some even have PnP (Plug and play = autoinstalling drivers for network, sound etc.) its really easy. I think LinuxMint is one of them, and its based on and compitable with both ubuntu and debian, i would recommend you to use LinuxMint if you want to try linux for the first time. You will still have access to a command window aka terminal, like the cmd.exe in windows.

Most instructions to installing stuff in linux is via the terminal.

Oh and yeah, if you need help feel free to ask me. (But please try on your own first.)

Last edited:
Back