• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server crashes

sibbe

Reaction score
I'm using The Forgotten Server, version 0.3.5 (Crying Damson)

Sometimes the server crashes completely and has to be restarted.
Not debugs, crashes.
Players don't like this ofcourse.

What causes this? How can I avoid it?
I've deleted every single map error in sim0nes map editor (multiple items on same square), and it was probably a few hundreds of those.
That didn't solve the problem.

I have no server errors in the server consoles.

Crashes happends maybe once in 5 hours, sometimes twice within 10 minutes.

Any help/solution/info on this is appriciated!

There are many ways to crash a Server.
1. magebomb
2. low computer capacity
3. bug abusing of players like pushing a lever etc...

And many more. So try to fix all bugs and you might loose the crashes..

What is the size of your map?

Also, deleting multiple items on same tile won't help you in any way, which means that your efforts were in vain.

Well, I only have like 10 players on the server, so I doubt it's a mage-bomb thing.
And my computer runs fine, no lag for the players or me, or the computer in general.
But maybe it's the lever thing or something like that.

The map size is witdh/height 1000 and size is 6.55 mb.

Btw, it doesent take very long to fix multiplie items, you just gotta click on the position that sim0nes map editor gives you and then press the delete key. And it feels better to know that there is no errors ;)

Well, I only have like 10 players on the server, so I doubt it's a mage-bomb thing.
And my computer runs fine, no lag for the players or me, or the computer in general.
But maybe it's the lever thing or something like that.

The map size is witdh/height 1000 and size is 6.55 mb.

Btw, it doesent take very long to fix multiplie items, you just gotta click on the position that sim0nes map editor gives you and then press the delete key. And it feels better to know that there is no errors ;)
But it doesn't make a difference, because SimOne's map editor reports false errors.

Back