• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Server Dropping connection!

Vrotz

Reaction score
Hi,

My server is online and without explanation or any kind of message on the console, All players lose their connection with him. Im also unable to connect to the server..
It's not my normal internet and a DDoS attack. The server are online and simply be with 20 hours, 44 hours, 70 hours, 120 hours or 2 hours or 30 minutes. He decides. He drop the connection with all and reestablishes until I open again.

And look, when this happened, the players of otserverlist.org go to zero (offline). This count will last until I shutdown the server and open it again.

Last edited:
The server are normal when i enter in putty via sshs and check via command "Screen-R". The console are online and ok, running perfect but I cant connection with him.

EDIT: ins't a dedicated server or vps, because i already change the S.O and the enterprise to fix and this error persist.

Three images to explain the case:

Bump! :)

@Vrotz, well i dont know if this solved the problem but in my server i had the same problem than u and making a rate limit tcp syn packets per seconds through my firewall change the situation.

Before that my server only could stay 2-3 hours online, now its up to 60 hours without problems but im not 100% sure if that solved the problem or is just lucky.

@Vrotz, well i dont know if this solved the problem but in my server i had the same problem than u and making a rate limit tcp syn packets per seconds through my firewall change the situation.

Before that my server only could stay 2-3 hours online, now its up to 60 hours without problems but im not 100% sure if that solved the problem or is just lucky.

Hi @Sheenita.

How much rate limit of syn packets per seconds you put?

You are in the right way but you should check your networking system configuration.

Best Regards.

The server are normal when i enter in putty via sshs and check via command "Screen-R". The console are online and ok, running perfect but I cant connection with him.

EDIT: ins't a dedicated server or vps, because i already change the S.O and the enterprise to fix and this error persist.

Three images to explain the case:

Bumpp! Here this problem! I need solutions of developers! :(

Bumpp! Here this problem! I need solutions of developers! :(

I don't think this problem is about the software, Like I said in an inbox. You need to check your networking and kernel settings. By default the system can handle "x" number of connections so you need to optimize this, so this is not something about the network or VPS because you can still login via SSH. However this is just a guess since I'm not looking the server I can say it's the real deal. This just happend to a client of mine with his tibia server so give it a shot.

Best Regards.

Back