• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Server freezing after 2 hours!

Zorenia

Hoster of Zorenia
Reaction score
Guys!

I have a serious problem, yesterday I launched my beta, it's already offline right now! because I have 2 freezes and crashes yesterday.
the problem is I don't get a console error, but everyone kicked from the server and can't loggin until I restarted the server.
So server is unstable! does anyone knows how I can fix this! some advise would be great!

Yours,
Zorenia

But it could be a bugg, because when I was testing I gave a char alot of magiclevel with the command addskill, after that he had around magic level 200, and he had a kind of magiclevel bug if I was look true the database he had 20000 magiclevel, when I changed his position from gm to player and I did one attack same problem, server freez.

I'm sure it got pinged, we could try that to see if that's the problem?

It could also be, that your server is map cleaning or server saving every 2 hours...and maybe something is bugged with this^^

Cuz the most OT's have game map clean or server save every 2 hours!

Okej, well I'm at my work atm, @ninja are you online about ehm 9 hours?? :p

btw: but it can be a other problem so as I said I gave one of my chars a kind of mlvl/level bug that changed the value of my skill in the database to 2000+ when I changed my positon from god to normal player and attacked once.. with my weapon exacly the same problem as I had.. a big freez until I restarted the server, I hope it's a ping action that failed my server.. but I think it's a bug somewhere but without console errors I never going to find out what are debugging..

I don't think its a crash becouse of the clean/save I had my server running for a holl day during the test/development, and nothing happend (well I had once the freez.. but that was because of a script mistake)

If you think it's a bug somewhere, you can also try using backup files with the things you changed before it happened to test if its really a bug that is causing it (if you don't have backup files you can also use new ones). It can also be that your ram is at its limit on that moment (for example if you're using alot programs at the same time).

Well I had some console message, about the limit for the database I could expand it with a kind of command. Maybe that's the problem. I will test it out ;) and also will test if it was a ping attack.

yeah, I will. Thanks for all the information guys! really helpfull. going to test it when I'm home. but it is not exacly 2 hours if I'm right. but I got a few global events, so I will take a look on it.

Back