• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server help!

elipse

Reaction score
Everytime i restart my comp or turn it off, my website stops working. why is this?

because your website is basically a program running on ur computer, if you don't set it to automatically start on start up, then you'll have to manually run it every time you restart/shutdown the pc

Everytime i restart my comp or turn it off, my website stops working. why is this?

If you are running your xampp / uniform / any other program to host your website it will turn off at restarts or when you shutdown your computer.

Your computer shuts all programs when you turn your computer off (restarts included).
If you want a 24/7 website I suggest looking at VPS / Dedicated servers, they cost money but they can host it for you 24/7.

Thanks.

3QYnd.png

In case you use XAMPP you can check those boxes and the service will be registered and run automatically everytime you restart.

Back