• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server idea

Fifflaren

Art of Conquest
Solutions
Reaction score
QuestWorlds

So I started working on a new project around 1 month ago. I call the project QuestWorlds.
The main idea of QuestWorlds is a heavy storybased server, heavily inspired by aqW.
(The name was honestly a mistake)
We will reword the name in a later stage.

Content
There is a main story with alot of sidequests and pvp arena.
You dont need to follow the main story to progress. You can jump forward or backward or ignore the story however you want but the story is linked to all the main areas of the world where you find new items or spawns.

Vocation or in this case classes
We will also remove the idea of 4 main vocations.
There will be alot of diffrent classes as we call them wich all have up to 6 unique skills they can use to fit your playstyle.
There will be 4 starter classes tho.
Rogue
A class with high attackspeed lower defence.
Weapon used : Dagger(s). No shield!

Equipment : Light armor, armor you can easily move around in.
Bonus : High speed.
4 spells.
Warrior
A class with high attackpower with slower attackspeed and high defence.
Weapon used : Heavier weapon(Sword,Axe,Club) and shield.
Equipment : Heavier armor that has higher defence but lower speed.
Bonus : High attackpower.
4 spells.
Wizard
A class with high magicpower and weak defence.
Weapon used : MagicWand. 1 Handed.
Equipment : Robe, no heavy armors.
Bonus : Distancing area attacks.
4 spells.
Healer
A class with the ability to heal friends and boost hunts.
Weapon used : Spellbook, Orb.
Bonus : Has healing spell. Can boost teammates defence!
4 spells.

As you can see we removed the basic Tibia spells and remade it all!
We even removed the probably mostly used spell of all time "exura" we thaught that "exura" wouldnt fit on a class as "rogue" who is supposed to be squishy for example so we removed the spell completely with the others.

Q
What do you think should we keep spells as exani tera for all classes or make them class based or removed them completely and rely on parcels and ropes?

You get classes by doing quests. For exampel we based (an unnamed class) on Aqw "Void Highlord".
For people who have played Aqw you probably know about "Void Highlord". For those who dont know what "Void Highlord" is :
Its obv a class in Aqw, but its a little special. It takes extreamly long time to farm for it, (not to brag, I got it) ;).
But anyways you get it by doing this extreamly long quest that was basically a task to gather rare items from monsters and other smaller quests to then turn the items in for parts for the class. You had to do do the quest 16 times cuz you needed 16 items combined with 2 other rare items to get it!
(Daily quests involved)
This is ofcourse nothing we plan on adding but this is a pretty good example on what we intend on doing with the classes.
You do simpler quests and tasks to get a class.
Example we have an Egyptian town
In that town you can speak to a npc who will teach you the art of archery if you help him gather 5 rare creature heads.
EX
Dragon
Chaos Bear
Orc Overlord
Minotaur leader
Chaos spider

Q
How do we balance skills? Do we remove skills and rework how damage output works or do we set the same skilling on all skills for every voc? Suggestions!

Consepc and ideas

This is heavily based around Aqws Evil, Good and Chaos.
To remember the story is custom writen and the orders are all custom made, no characters copy pasted or reused!

Evil
Lord Maximus felt betrayed by the Good king Altimore so he decided to leave Priestorwich and create his own empire.
to create an empire he needed men so he seeked help from the Necromencers but they all refused to leave king Altimores side.
In anger slaughterd the young hero the order of necremancers.
Maximus fell back after he had realised what he had done, he dropped his sword and fell. Something changed in Maximus that day he didnt feel regret about what he had just done, he felt proud.
Maximus learnt the ancient
Evil power and created his own army of the undead.
Good
The Good is (FOR NOW) Apkhan, Priestorwich, Elmrise and the old Farms.
Priestorwich is the capital of all good with the almighty
king Altimore as the ruler.
This havent allways been a happy place to live, before
Altimore was there another king, a king feared not loved!
Altimore came from a farmers family but already as a child he proved himself to be a master with the sword.

Altimore took matters in his own hands and together with the people did he dethrone and execute the former king.
to bring peace to the lands once more. the former king's two sons (Marvin and Maximus) both became princes of Priestorwich.

Chaos
Danger level : Unknown.
Good or Evil : Unkown
Intentions : Unkown
Leader : Unkown
Powerfullness : Unmatchable!
All thats known about the
Chaos is that only once have they been defeated and that was under the protections of the Gods.

Alot will obv change and thats not anyway near all the story around everything but its what we have as of 2020-04-14.

Map
Fully custom map! Nothing ever seen before.
Monsters, creatures
Reused rl tibia sprites for the most part, custom does exsist and will be more added! Every stat and drop will be custom and reworked!

Items
We dont sprite our own items but my new friend @Thorn does.
Items for classes etc will be custom but we wont be remaking every single sprite used in the game.
Items will be reused tex
Axe is used to cut tree
pick is used to mine iron ore.

Project is only 1 month old and there is alot more I would like to add but I would like to hear opinions, Is this a good or bad idea.
Should we rethink the idea of classes instead of standrard vocations?
Should we rethink the idea of a main story the player can follow?
How will we balance classes in pvp arena? Suggestions please.
is it too similar to Aqw? What can we change to make it more unique?

This will be updated or fixed later as time goes.​

Last edited:
You could have those 4 unique spells for each class + spells that 'all citizens' could use ,since its a world imbued with magic.
But maybe even spells like 'Light' and 'greater Light' could only be used by wizards, cause of wizardry.. idk. All other vocations must use torches

You could have those 4 unique spells for each class + spells that 'all citizens' could use ,since its a world imbued with magic.
But maybe even spells like 'Light' and 'greater Light' could only be used by wizards, cause of wizardry.. idk. All other vocations must use torches

Ye i like that idea. Do you have any spells in mind that you think would fit for every class? I was thinking maybe haste or magic rope but I feel like haste wouldn't make sense on a warrior class which is a class who is supposed to be slow. But maybe add a new travel spell, a spell that boosts your walk speed while out of combat for every class, just to make the overall gameplay a bit faster.

Give everyone haste and just like tibia, mages great haste. Just rename it for warrior to sprint, lower mana cost and give their next hit a small guaranteed bonus damage, like original damage+5.

This is easily done with storageValue and creaturescript onHealthChange

Yeah good idea. I will get started working on the "sprint" later today, thank you for the awesome ideas :D

QuestWorlds

So I started working on a new project around 1 month ago. I call the project QuestWorlds.
The main idea of QuestWorlds is a heavy storybased server, heavily inspired by aqW.
(The name was honestly a mistake)
We will reword the name in a later stage.

Content
There is a main story with alot of sidequests and pvp arena.
You dont need to follow the main story to progress. You can jump forward or backward or ignore the story however you want but the story is linked to all the main areas of the world where you find new items or spawns.

Vocation or in this case classes
We will also remove the idea of 4 main vocations.
There will be alot of diffrent classes as we call them wich all have up to 6 unique skills they can use to fit your playstyle.
There will be 4 starter classes tho.
Rogue
A class with high attackspeed lower defence.
Weapon used : Dagger(s). No shield!

Equipment : Light armor, armor you can easily move around in.
Bonus : High speed.
4 spells.
Warrior
A class with high attackpower with slower attackspeed and high defence.
Weapon used : Heavier weapon(Sword,Axe,Club) and shield.
Equipment : Heavier armor that has higher defence but lower speed.
Bonus : High attackpower.
4 spells.
Wizard
A class with high magicpower and weak defence.
Weapon used : MagicWand. 1 Handed.
Bonus : Distancing area attacks.
4 spells.
Healer
A class with the ability to heal friends and boost hunts.
Weapon used : Spellbook, Orb.
Bonus : Has healing spell. Can boost teammates defence!
4 spells.

As you can see we removed the basic Tibia spells and remade it all!
We even removed the probably mostly used spell of all time "exura" we thaught that "exura" wouldnt fit on a class as "rogue" who is supposed to be squishy for example so we removed the spell completely with the others.

Q
What do you think should we keep spells as exani tera for all classes or make them class based or removed them completely and rely on parcels and ropes?

You get classes by doing quests. For exampel we based (an unnamed class) on Aqw "Void Highlord".
For people who have played Aqw you probably know about "Void Highlord". For those who dont know what "Void Highlord" is :
Its obv a class in Aqw, but its a little special. It takes extreamly long time to farm for it, (not to brag, I got it) ;).
But anyways you get it by doing this extreamly long quest that was basically a task to gather rare items from monsters and other smaller quests to then turn the items in for parts for the class. You had to do do the quest 16 times cuz you needed 16 items combined with 2 other rare items to get it!
(Daily quests involved)
This is ofcourse nothing we plan on adding but this is a pretty good example on what we intend on doing with the classes.
You do simpler quests and tasks to get a class.
Example we have an Egyptian town
In that town you can speak to a npc who will teach you the art of archery if you help him gather 5 rare creature heads.
EX
Dragon
Chaos Bear
Orc Overlord
Minotaur leader
Chaos spider

Q
How do we balance skills? Do we remove skills and rework how damage output works or do we set the same skilling on all skills for every voc? Suggestions!

Consepc and ideas

This is heavily based around Aqws Evil, Good and Chaos.
To remember the story is custom writen and the orders are all custom made, no characters copy pasted or reused!

Evil
Lord Maximus felt betrayed by the Good king Altimore so he decided to leave Priestorwich and create his own empire.
to create an empire he needed men so he seeked help from the Necromencers but they all refused to leave king Altimores side.
In anger slaughterd the young hero the order of necremancers.
Maximus fell back after he had realised what he had done, he dropped his sword and fell. Something changed in Maximus that day he didnt feel regret about what he had just done, he felt proud.
Maximus learnt the ancient
Evil power and created his own army of the undead.
Good
The Good is (FOR NOW) Apkhan, Priestorwich, Elmrise and the old Farms.
Priestorwich is the capital of all good with the almighty
king Altimore as the ruler.
This havent allways been a happy place to live, before
Altimore was there another king, a king feared not loved!
Altimore came from a farmers family but already as a child he proved himself to be a master with the sword.

Altimore took matters in his own hands and together with the people did he dethrone and execute the former king.
to bring peace to the lands once more. the former king's two sons (Marvin and Maximus) both became princes of Priestorwich.

Chaos
Danger level : Unknown.
Good or Evil : Unkown
Intentions : Unkown
Leader : Unkown
Powerfullness : Unmatchable!
All thats known about the
Chaos is that only once have they been defeated and that was under the protections of the Gods.

Alot will obv change and thats not anyway near all the story around everything but its what we have as of 2020-04-14.

Map
Fully custom map! Nothing ever seen before.
Monsters, creatures
Reused rl tibia sprites for the most part, custom does exsist and will be more added! Every stat and drop will be custom and reworked!

Items
We dont sprite our own items but my new friend @Thorn does.
Items for classes etc will be custom but we wont be remaking every single sprite used in the game.
Items will be reused tex
Axe is used to cut tree
pick is used to mine iron ore.

Project is only 1 month old and there is alot more I would like to add but I would like to hear opinions, Is this a good or bad idea.
Should we rethink the idea of classes instead of standrard vocations?
Should we rethink the idea of a main story the player can follow?
How will we balance classes in pvp arena? Suggestions please.
is it too similar to Aqw? What can we change to make it more unique?

This will be updated or fixed later as time goes.​
Idea is good, i always love full custom projects(im working on my own too xD). But...
I will tell you something that i learn here in this few years here.
How big custom or even full custom game you will made it still be compared with Tibia, since you will promote it in "Tibia" community.
You delete exura? You must add something like that, when i test my server (thats now is totaly rebuild) i get alot feedback what player expect.
Does matter which class player pick... Vocation must make tons of dmg, have self healing, and be strong in solo.
You make big map? Thats was nice to reveal, when its discovered its.. Sux because its big and waste time of walking, then you add teleports or ships, what is answer? Ehh, next game with teleports, sux...
Monster must drop tons of gold, even if player have no option to spent it xD
Same for Quests and other things like situation with map.
I don't want to discourage you, God forbid
But my advice, find the target.
You target must be for specific group of players who will love you project.
Make pure PvP project for players who love PvP
Players who love questes? Make this without forcing PvP thats gives bonuses for killing other etc?
Alot vocations? Monster must be stronger, harder to kill to forcing vocation cooperate and make it sense as "Role-Play", game slower but with more tactic/strategic use?
Im not super experienced in developing servers, but maybe some info that i have will help you to prepare when players starts "complain" xD
True RPG era have collapse, people need "less thinking" stuff, where bot make 90% job, when something need time to get it or finish then for people its start be boring and annoying (ofc not for all) They want easy game, where they get tons of free bonuses/stuffs/prize just for playing, but must be free.

Idea is good, i always love full custom projects(im working on my own too xD). But...
How big custom or even full custom game you will made it still be compared with Tibia, since you will promote it in "Tibia" community.
You delete exura? You must add something like that, when i test my server (thats now is totaly rebuild) i get alot feedback what player expect.
Does matter which class player pick... Vocation must make tons of dmg, have self healing, and be strong in solo.
You make big map? Thats was nice to reveal, when its discovered its.. Sux because its big and waste time of walking, then you add teleports or ships, what is answer? Ehh, next game with teleports, sux...
I don't want to discourage you, God forbid
Players who love questes? Make this without forcing PvP thats gives bonuses for killing other etc?
Alot vocations? Monster must be stronger, harder to kill to forcing vocation cooperate and make it sense as "Role-Play", game slower but with more tactic/strategic use?
Im not super experienced in developing servers, but maybe some info that i have will help you to prepare when players starts "complain" xD
True RPG era have collapse, people need "less thinking" stuff, where bot make 90% job, when something need time to get it or finish then for people its start be boring and annoying (ofc not for all) They want easy game, where they get tons of free bonuses/stuffs/prize just for playing, but must be free.
Alot to take in at once 😅, I will make sure to get back to you tomorrow after I have processed and read through it in more detail! I'm really thankful that you wanna share your experience 🙏

Thank you, we need all the help we can get :D

Its still the old tibia feeling, its not a new game in any way, its just tibia with new elements and a fresh full custom world.

Im not a 100% what you mean with this but what I think you r saying is that people does expect exura. I dont think that will be a problem since some classes uses healing spells ( life steal ). And its not rly like tibia where you just jump in to a hord of monsters and spam health. You will be able to buy a health pot but the idea is not that you jump into big hords. Example rogues run in with high overall speed with fast attacks destroys an enemy then backs of. We r trying to get away from the just spell spamming for xp. The focus is tasks/quests for the leveling. Wont be big spawns (expect spawns linked to quests/tasks).

And some classes are not made to play solo, we have an idea of a class that has 4 buffing spells for the party. And you will be able to change vocation(class) at any time so if you dont like your current class you can get a new one at any time.

The game world will be devided into areas. So the main Good city is called Priestorwitch (may get changed later). So to quickly get to priestorwitch you type !tp priestorwitch when out of combat and you will be teleported to the area. Quick note, you wont be able to teleport everywhere just main areas. So if you want to get to the dwarfmines you cant type !tp dwarfmine you have to first go to priestorwitch then follow the path towards the mountain until you reach the mine entrance.

YEAAA FOR SURE :DD We all love gold dont we ;)

The server does not have any pvp outside of the pvp arena. You will be able to challange someone to a 1 vs 1 and if they accept you duel(no items lost) and pvp team events for prices(no items lost on death). Our focus is the questing and adventuring community not the pvp.

There wont be that many strong monsters, the focus will be on the epic team boss battles. But if you feel like playing solo you can get one of the solo classes. Ex from AQW is void highlord who is a super solo class. There are options for everyone :D And you can also go high dmg classes if you feel like its going slow, but fastest would maybe be to get a class with alot of team buffs and a friend with high dmg output^^

Ye its true what you are saying, And thats why we have the world so open, its open world. So you can do whatever you want. If you feel like "I like pvp alot" you can join the pvp arena and farm rewards or maybe open up your own item shop. We are hoping to have something for everyone, if you have something you think should be added make sure to tell us :D

A really big thanks to you @Ascuas Funkeln this post really helped me to understand a little better how the players may think or feel. I had to come up with a solution for everything in your post so was really educating because I really had to sit down and think on how to solve the obstacles :D

Last edited:
Back