• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Server lag when monsters on screen

trollebror

Developer
Reaction score
I can run on a GM or a fast character without lag when there are no monsters around.
When I move around when there are monsters chasing me or my summon (on GM) I can see a big lagging difference.

I wonder what the cause might be? Slow internet connection, bad monster.xml files, too large map or something?
I'm using tfs 0.36 v5.

Thank you for reading! :)

*edit: I might add that the amount of free RAM available is less then 100MB~.

CTRL+ALT+SUPR
Processes / search theforgottenserver or name you exe
Establish priority / in Low or real time

It's already set to high. I can not set it to real time, it won't allow me. Doubt it would make any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible that when the monsters is starting to move the server needs to send more information about positions etc to the clients. Therefore it starts to lag?

And why you don't try to fix the missing npc's/monsters? also you can try with another distribution, so you can know if the problem is your server or only the version.
Good Luck.

Hmm, could it be that you have some big repetetive task/script in use that could cause this?

And why you don't try to fix the missing npc's/monsters? also you can try with another distribution, so you can know if the problem is your server or only the version.
Good Luck.

A distro change would be my last resort since it require a lot of rework. I'm pretty that there is nothing wrong with the current tfs 0.36 v5 that I'm using. But thanks, will keep it in mind.

Hmm, could it be that you have some big repetetive task/script in use that could cause this?

I have searched but found nothing suspicious. I am missing something...hmm.

I have dude..
don't see errors, you test other player or other pc..
give lags monsters? why problem made is in pc.. not works graphic card..

I was thinking along the lines of Cronox. Perhaps it's not the server it self that is lagging you but your graphics card or PC unable to host the server and allow monsters running around without lag at the same time. Perhaps if you turned down your frame rate tibia would use less resources decreasing lag?

I was thinking along the lines of Cronox. Perhaps it's not the server it self that is lagging you but your graphics card or PC unable to host the server and allow monsters running around without lag at the same time. Perhaps if you turned down your frame rate tibia would use less resources decreasing lag?

It is a quad-core dedicated server. It's CPU% never goes higher then 5%. Though I've removed the graphic card from the server since I guess that is really not needed on a server. I can run lag free on other OTs with a lot of players and monsters on screen, so it can't be my client computer. Thanks for coming with suggestions guys!

Yeah, don't use graphic cards when hosting OT servers unless you use the computer for playing.

There are no lag issues related to the graphic card. For the sole reason that TFS does not use it. It needs processing power and quick memmory.

I see problem not is in TFS or server i say problem is in graphic card o not more memory for works and not give frezz.. in look monster
I have dude for see are your graphic card.. only monsters give lags or Spells "UE" and other in spam, laged ?
why graphic card not read and need more memory everytimes in Spells , Monsters, etc.. give lag or frezz why not read graphics..

I see problem not is in TFS or server i say problem is in graphic card o not more memory for works and not give frezz.. in look monster
I have dude for see are your graphic card.. only monsters give lags or Spells "UE" and other in spam, laged ?
why graphic card not read and need more memory everytimes in Spells , Monsters, etc.. give lag or frezz why not read graphics..

To simplify things, the TFS engine only sends "commands" to clients connected to it. The server does not calculate any graphics, the tibia client for those connected to the OT server does.

try another 8.6 distro, but i don't think it's it. because your distro is the most used by non-donators, and nobody has that problem.

Back