• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Launch memory error

Skream

Sucka!
Reaction score
I was wondering, I have a error that says insufficent memory when I start my ot server (90~mb map) it says to switch to 64 bit(?) but somebody told me it wasnt screen resolution so I dont really know. If it is a memory issue, should it be fixed if I just put another ram card? How much ram should be necessary to run this?

also. I will get dedicated server soon after alpha and beta stages of testing, if I just use a dedicated server to host this, I will not have these problems in the first place right?
I have never had dedicated hosting before, so not very informed on how it works.

I would prefer to find any way to host this map on my home PC for private/public testing before I buy dedicated hosting, do I have any more options?

Thanks!

I spent a few hours just now deleating islands I don't want, resulting in 73 MB map file instead of 92MB, basically deleated everything aside from the mainland, ank, dara, yalahar, edron, svargrond.
The server is running now, however I can not log in. As soon as I try to connect I get "your tibia client has had a critical error" ect. and force close.
What are some basic things I should look into in order to fix it?

I am very new at ot server creation :p

update:
lol fixed this problem, now when I have the server up and running, I have no npcs, and no telling what else is wrong yet..
and im getting the feeling my problem has went off subject and im in the wrong thread now? lol

Back