• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Server Name Copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tufte

Reaction score
Hello

I know that I don't have any rights to say that a server name belongs to me, but I think it is ridiculously bad that 1/5 of all the servers at the Advertisement Board uses my name (1337 Roxor). I released my server, yes, but come on, you have to fuc*ing make your own name!!! I don't see everyone who is using Narozias rl map calling their server "Narozia", so why the hec* should everyone call their server the same as mine? Its very bad creativity, and they are using my servers reputation to get players over to their server.

//
Creator of 1337 Roxor (1337.hopto.org)

all ppl here retards? :(

1. Yes rox/roxor/1337 is not a rare name for an OTServer, but that is not the point. The point is a map released by the original owner of a server called "Rox0r 1337" and they name their server the same with the same map.

2. Master-m, I bet you're referring to his OT now too :) So you're just proving him right :D

3. Everyone running Rox0r maps calling 'em Rox0r are n00bs :( Actually, everyone running this map names it so lol...

4. kthxbye

pwnd.

also I helped the roxor server in 7.4,7.5? (not sure). That was before you opened your server, so that isn't very original either.
To bad my old hdd fried up, else I could show u proof of one of the first aac.

well, there are 2 factors here. There were currently no active servers with this name when I named my server Roxor. The last active server, was as you said, 3-4 years old. Secondly, my name is 1337 Roxor, and people dont use just 1337 or Roxor alone, they use both in the same order as one name, which indicates that it is a pure ripoff. If you guys dont see my point here, you are a bunch of complete retards.

I've took my name from somebody in Tibia so I'm pretending to be him without having any abusive purposes. >.<

There is a diffrence here which I hope you are able to see when I make it clear for you. You are not using this name to take this guys rumour, reputation and work to obtain anything which also affect the real player in a negative way. This is exactly what happens to me, when everyone starts using my name. I guess you already understood that it is not the name itself that I want to protect, but the 6 months of work I used to create this reputation and good rumour as I had. Before replying, check the dictionary for the word naiv.

Last edited:
Unless you have a legal verified copyright document stating that you are the true owner of "1337 Roxxor" or whatever, you have no right to tell anyone not to use it, nor do you have the right to tell anyone with moderation power to remove it for you.

I can agree that its a bit shitty that people steal your name, but you cant do anything about it really since that is how private server stuff works and has always worked, private servers with a cool name pops up and soon after several other servers pops up with the exact, or similar, name as the first one.

Also i find it a bit hypocritical that you come here and demand that Otland removes all servers that use "your name", when in fact you are using content copyrighted by CIP to make your server in the first place.

Instead of wasting time on running around demanding people to stop using your name, and telling others to force them down for you, why don't you sit down and work on your server, and make it really good?
Prove to the players that there is only one true "1337 Roxxor", and that the rest is just shitty copies.

And next time, if you come up with a name or idea you think is original and that you consider "yours", file for copyright, it will cost you, but it will give you all legal rights to tell other people to not use it.

Unless you have a legal verified copyright document stating that you are the true owner of "1337 Roxxor" or whatever, you have no right to tell anyone not to use it, nor do you have the right to tell anyone with moderation power to remove it for you.

I can agree that its a bit shitty that people steal your name, but you cant do anything about it really since that is how private server stuff works and has always worked, private servers with a cool name pops up and soon after several other servers pops up with the exact, or similar, name as the first one.

Also i find it a bit hypocritical that you come here and demand that Otland removes all servers that use "your name", when in fact you are using content copyrighted by CIP to make your server in the first place.

Instead of wasting time on running around demanding people to stop using your name, and telling others to force them down for you, why don't you sit down and work on your server, and make it really good?
Prove to the players that there is only one true "1337 Roxxor", and that the rest is just shitty copies.

And next time, if you come up with a name or idea you think is original and that you consider "yours", file for copyright, it will cost you, but it will give you all legal rights to tell other people to not use it.

That's already been done - before we shut it down. We opened it again now as we have a dedicated server, he had problems hosting it in his own computer before, where it was totally famous and these new guys calling themselves just same name and very matching ip (they'd ofc have token the one we currently have, if it was not busy, because they want players to think its old roxor and join :)) but simply it's beyond you to understand these stuff.

Don't mention copyright again, I don't give a damn about that shit now I'm talking namefaking, I'm quite sure someone got namelocked when he added another "s" after my name in real tibia though, my name was not copyright ;)

a couple people are using nightfrost (mainly things that sound like it).. and theres nothing i can really do.. but i do own nightfrostonline.com.. but i still dont think i have rights to it

This is not a question about laws, you have to use some assessment in a case like this. Otland/Otservlist or w/e dont need copyright proof to delete threads and servers that evidently takes other people names and uses their reputation to get players. Talking about Copyright in a case like this just shows how ridiculously naiv you are. Think outside your squared mind man.

Tufte I remeber that I made it with a dutch guy, not you:p his name was called nitrjam or something on forums:S dont remember exactly.

master, plzzz read

pwnd.

also I helped the roxor server in 7.4,7.5? (not sure). That was before you opened your server, so that isn't very original either.
To bad my old hdd fried up, else I could show u proof of one of the first aac.

well, there are 2 factors here. There were currently no active servers with this name when I named my server Roxor. The last active server, was as you said, 3-4 years old. Secondly, my name is 1337 Roxor, and people dont use just 1337 or Roxor alone, they use both in the same order as one name, which indicates that it is a pure ripoff. If you guys dont see my point here, you are a bunch of complete retards.

ok then punish these guys in "your own way" too :)

This is not a question about laws, you have to use some assessment in a case like this. Otland/Otservlist or w/e dont need copyright proof to delete threads and servers that evidently takes other people names and uses their reputation to get players. Talking about Copyright in a case like this just shows how ridiculously naiv you are. Think outside your squared mind man.

As long you don't have one, you can't do much about it in Otland (applies in Otland only and not outside) as we keep it like this way unless you have a official copyright document or something containing you are and only owner of the name, if so then we will take an action.

All names are free to use, even if somebody else copied the name and being disrespectful towards you. Ofcourse these names shouldn't violate the general forum rules either.

I'm closing this thread seeing you don't have one, you can contact server lists if you want since these are not property of Otland.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back