• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Server Name Copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tufte

Reaction score
Hello

I know that I don't have any rights to say that a server name belongs to me, but I think it is ridiculously bad that 1/5 of all the servers at the Advertisement Board uses my name (1337 Roxor). I released my server, yes, but come on, you have to fuc*ing make your own name!!! I don't see everyone who is using Narozias rl map calling their server "Narozia", so why the hec* should everyone call their server the same as mine? Its very bad creativity, and they are using my servers reputation to get players over to their server.

//
Creator of 1337 Roxor (1337.hopto.org)

So what do you want otland to do? Like otland can change servernames, they can delete those advertisement topics tho

ofc i meant delete advertisements? thought everyone understood that.

Not for me but i doubt deletion will help. Try to contact xinn of otservlist, deletion there does matter.

Same as names for people, for example you can't say I've created a name so it only belongs to me and no one else may use it.

well, xinn banned servers for me earlier for name faking, but that was before everyone started using it. now its like a chain reaction that cant be stopped. lol.

ye, sure its only a name, but this name is scaled to the "otworld" only, and there shouldnt be possible to use the same names in the same community, just as you cant use the same names on a forum, or in tibia.

its like i would call myself Xenio¨s and pretend to be you, to get more friends or w/e

Its debouchery >.>

Create ur own names and stop acting like nabs here christian what the fuck are you talking about?

If someone ripped off ur ot names wouldnt you be kinda mad?

Of course you would.

This is fucking annoying and just shows that otland consist to 90% just of nabs who are neither able to do anything by themselves nor thinking up a fucking own name.

Thats all I have to say.

Do they all have problems with their ego or something :eek:?

Its debouchery >.>

Create ur own names and stop acting like nabs here christian what the fuck are you talking about?

If someone ripped off ur ot names wouldnt you be kinda mad?

Of course you would.

This is fucking annoying and just shows that otland consist to 90% just of nabs who are neither able to do anything by themselves nor thinking up a fucking own name.

Thats all I have to say.

What does those servers have to do with OTland?

Otland got mutch power, And they have members like Ots-list owners so he want to remove em dont you guys understand that? ..

Otland got mutch power, And they have members like Ots-list owners so he want to remove em dont you guys understand that? ..

Yes, we understand that perfectly, but what I don't understand is why Otland got compared with those users, who name their servers with that name. We have just about nothing to do with them. They register, create an advertisement. Done.

Anyway, I'll notify Otex so he'll read this thread, hopefully he'll remove the fake roxxor servers out there.

ye, sure its only a name, but this name is scaled to the "otworld" only, and there shouldnt be possible to use the same names in the same community, just as you cant use the same names on a forum, or in tibia.

its like i would call myself Xenio¨s and pretend to be you, to get more friends or w/e

I've took my name from somebody in Tibia so I'm pretending to be him without having any abusive purposes. >.<

What about the thing that you could had inspiration from a similar server called 'Roxor/1337' and you took over it, so we can not know exactly who the really author is? The 1337/rox hype probably was already before you even thought about the name and you saw something like this.

If people want to use it as their name because they simply love I don't see a problem. They simply can't be copyrighted since nobody can verified with good proof that you started with this. But I see your point because your server was probably a success and now you see all the same names again and again and they take a profit of it...

If you really want to stop this and in the future then I suggest that you talk with Xinn and say that the otserv names can be only used 1x like the way Tibia does with character names, this way all server names are a little bit identical.

HI
I will delete all "rox1337" servers when you show me a certificate for the name. I can't do anything before that :/

Last edited:
HI
I will delete all "rox1337" servers when you show me a certificate for the name. I can't do anything before that :/

pwnd.

also I helped the roxor server in 7.4,7.5? (not sure). That was before you opened your server, so that isn't very original either.
To bad my old hdd fried up, else I could show u proof of one of the first aac.

dude forget it i was the first owner of the old rare Apocalympse server
now days all use that ip/name, i think its cool that someone have your name
on their ot lol... i dont care about the fame ill just be glad that people starting to use my name

this thread should be closed because he got his answere from the otlist admin

@up

Lol hahah you think it's weird that 'some' servers use Apocalypse name as server? It's a freaking mega boss thing monster... That has nothing to do with your server o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back