• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Server on 2 protocols (7.6 and 7.72) Possible?

oszyx329

Reaction score
As in the topic. I am using THEOTXSERVER and there is an option called "multiplatform" that allow me to choose which version i want to use. But is this possible to merge these 2 protocols to allow playrs login from both clients versions?

I am just asking that is this possible to do. So merge two clients. I read on this forum that it is possible. Purpose? 7.6 = no players.

And I am asking for the purpose because your questions lacks information.
Depending on what you want to achieve there are different ways to get to a solution.

I need to let people login on both client versions - 7.72 and 7.6. The reason is here, that 7.6 has broken directx graphics.

Update the server protocol to check for player's client version and adjust to protocol changes that way.
Otherwise you could just drop support for version 7.6 if is does not fit your needs.

Back