• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Population

xKnightmarex

Reaction score
Hello!

I am not trying to advertise my server in the least. However, I would like to hear how others populate their servers. Most people that I have talked to say that they like my server. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get any stable population of people to play, just 3 or 4 here and there. I feel like once I get more people then other people will stay. But because I only have a few people play then quit and move to a server with more people. I'd love to hear any suggestions/what has worked on your servers!

Best regards,
xKnightmarex

2 people online.

2.6k likes on facebook.

Talking about fakes.

Thanks for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, don't know how to get more people to my server, tried likes, tried all sorts of things but I'm not sure if either my server is bad or I'm promoting poorly

i dont know anything about new school ots but i can tell you how it works in the oldschool server community (7.1-7.72)

as someone who has been playing oldschool servs for years now i can tell you that you kind of get a feel for what players want and what the general consensus of a good server is. some basic features of a good server are:

1. stability

you need to make sure your server is stable, doesnt have massive lag, and is protected against DDOS attacks

2. decent website/forum

cool websites attract people. even if its not cool, its a necessity for a server that you want to be even mildly successful. forums make it more "official"

3. acceptable rates

you have to kind of feel out the community and what they want as far as rates go. if you open a 9999999x orsha ot or a .2x pointless2play ot you probably arent going to get very many peoples interest

those are just the minimal basics of what you will need to have just a decent server. things that can help your server furthermore:

*-> good advertising, including pics and a very clear/detailed description. maybe with a 1-2 day notice before opening (otland) (otservlist) etc

*-> good reputation

*-> creativity (website, forums, in-game features <- the last part not so much for oldschool servers, we like realmap traditional servers)

in oldschool community we have like 400~ or less players but we dont have so many servers around to play on (good ones at least)

so ya you just gotta feel it out and learn what people look for in a 9.6 server or w/e and then you gotta publicize it via OT server outlets

Back