• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Buying Server protocol conversion 8.60 to 9.80

nugo

Australia OT Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
I am experienced in server operation on a single client, im capable of fixing most issues although when it came to transferring from server versions i got stuck, there was much materials/guides/tutorials on how to do it and i learn better from seeing a completed version and reversing back to understand it.

What do i want?
I am looking for someone to convert my entire server (map, database, scripts and anything else required) from version 8.60 to version 9.80 so that when i launch my exe it loads fully without any major errors. Im ok with a change in rev, more so just that the Data pack / Map / Database works with a revision that supports 9.8

What do i require of you?
I need someone experienced in handling OT servers, i don't want someone who "thinks" they can do it and spend a month trying to figure it out. I want someone who is confident they can do it and in a reasonable time frame.

Pirce?
$50 AUD convers to 35.54 Euros

Contacting me
Send me a pm here on the forums and we will discuss it from there.

Extra information
RL map
0.4 TFS

Last edited:
I guess no one will do for this price.
What sort of price would you expect to see then? I have had 1 person offer it already however I'm not to sure how competent they are.

What sort of price would you expect to see then? I have had 1 person offer it already however I'm not to sure how competent they are.

I'd do it for 100 Euros but not below.
And I believe everyone that knows how to deal with such things would do the same.

People doing it for less, could be anyone of the mention below:
*Scammer 1 (Trying to steal your server)
*Scammer 2 (trying to get the money without touching your server/faking he updated it)
*Newb 1 (think he can deal with server only using lua's and take more work than he can handle)
*Newb 2 (trying to download a 9.80 exe which probably is umber-bugged and trying to make your scripts work on that one)

And there's more........

Newb 3: Guys with 6 posts trying to convince somebody he is a trustful person? or what

You would chose a newer rev and convert your scripts and system to the current standart.
Map conversion takes no time, but trying to convert the whole source code is just dumb.
The main issue is that is probably lots of work, but nothing too hard.

Newb 3: Guys with 6 posts trying to convince somebody he is a trustful person? or what

You would chose a newer rev and convert your scripts and system to the current standart.
Map conversion takes no time, but trying to convert the whole source code is just dumb.
I have already had a few dealings with people on here with using money for stuff, they can vouch for me one of wich was the first guy who posted in this thread. As for the conversion thing i didnt so much mean change the whole rev, you can download a new rev if needed, more just converting the data pack / map / database (if its needed) to work on a rev that's compatible with 9.8

Do you have any custom parts in the sources? Is this a big project (amount of lua scripts)?

I have already had a few dealings with people on here with using money for stuff, they can vouch for me one of wich was the first guy who posted in this thread. As for the conversion thing i didnt so much mean change the whole rev, you can download a new rev if needed, more just converting the data pack / map / database (if its needed) to work on a rev that's compatible with 9.8

That was not directed towards you.

What EvulMastah said is basically essential for someone who offers this service to determine how much time it would take.

As they said, it's a lot of work to change functions etc. but it's really easy to do, so you can try do it for yourself.

As they said, it's a lot of work to change functions etc. but it's really easy to do, so you can try do it for yourself.
Most of the stuff on my server i have done on my own, i understand enough to get me by. I did try to convert it as a project but got stuck on my consol crashing after it loaded the map, there was no error in console it just dissapeared and they didn't really give me much to go on in terms of fault finding lol.

There should be a Reputation system for people that buy and sell stuff from time to time.

I will do it for 60€

if both the old and new version is 0.3 or 0.4.

120€ if one of them are 0.2.

Send me a PM

u said, it's a real map, so i think u have many things mades like rl tibia... i have good updated rl map with quests etc.

i see u put many custom things but i think it won't be a problem to prepare them for 9.8 client, but u have to give more information;
= how many custom scripts u have (100,200+, etc)
= did u change something in real quests/npcs/other things ( i mean, did u change anything in quests or something else? because if u made it's like rl tibia i can add my updated scripts 9.8 real map, but if u changed something, that will take more time)

and, it's only update for current datapack? or do u want new quests and other things too (like gnomebase, hive, etc)?

Who said I was applying for the job? I'm not even little interested.
And who says someone with barely no posts don't know what he's talking about?
I've seen people with 5k+ posts on both Otland and OTfans that scamm people around.

get your facts straight.

Who said I was applying for the job? I'm not even little interested.
And who says someone with barely no posts don't know what he's talking about?
I've seen people with 5k+ posts on both Otland and OTfans that scamm people around.

get your facts straight.

"I'd do it for ..."
- GunCraft

nuff said, I am out.

Back