• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server question

kronik203

Reaction score
how many players can be online with a 512 MB Windows VPS server ? map size = 21 mb

Not is only MB, Speed Internet, etc..
dont know 100 ~~ 80 players, no lags
Possibly because the lag begins after the 100

I can not be sure, much depends on your internet is decier the Megas and speed is not only the RAM of the PC, the internet is because the players have played in your IP.

Example .. Frezz using youtube and your ot, spend megs and is not good to try to overdo it possibly to 100, depending on your internet.

@up
youre english is terrible

and you won't be able to host shit with 512 mb of ram, even with a 21 mb map youll need at least 2 gb
and yea the amount of players you can hold mostly depends on your internet, as 400~ players wouldnt make much of a difference hardware wise

2 Players with your ot crashing 2x a day. You need at least 2 gb to host, and 3/4 gb to host without crashes and laggs.

Its all depends of you map size.

Players doesn't consume that much. And your OTServ will not crash just for having 512mb of ram. It shall run a 10mb map perfectly.

When I hosted a server with 1200 mb it crashed like 6x in a week. I think my map was about 6 mb :p. When I had a computer with 2gb it only had some laggs and crashed about 1x in a mounth. When I had a computer with 4gb it never crashed and had zero laggs. But its probable also about what other programs you use while hosting the server.

@up

and you won't be able to host shit with 512 mb of ram, even with a 21 mb map youll need at least 2 gb
and yea the amount of players you can hold mostly depends on your internet, as 400~ players wouldnt make much of a difference hardware wise

When you start a sentence please use capital letters.
youre - You are?

Also hardware does make a big difference when it comes to server saves, cleans.

Well i am not going to host this on my computer i am going to get a VPS, so 1GB VPS wouldnt hold 80 players + xammp + 20mb map? lol id have to go with 2GB?

@up

do not be an asshole, he's trying to help then you come and complain about his language

get 2-3 gb ram and u will be fine
I always think people should have 4 GB ram atleast

(I have 8gb and i never have any (memory) crash, i tested to host on 2gb and i will never do that again works fine on 30 mb map, but now i host 101 mb custom rl map)

Last edited:
Back