• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server specs requirements.

Benna

Reaction score
Alright so i was going to try host a Server for a while, just to try out. However i wonder what specs i should have to be able to host a good stable server.

I guess 100/100 would be the okey choice however at the moment i have 100/10, what would it be able to hold?
People amount requirements? for real tibia map

My specs;
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8162 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, 1280 Mb

Buy a better dedicated if you do have one, 100 mbs is nothing. I always use 1 gbit connection when i host servers.
Everyone whos located in the other side of the globe for you will lagg if u use 100 mbit

Buy a better dedicated if you do have one, 100 mbs is nothing. I always use 1 gbit connection when i host servers.
Everyone whos located in the other side of the globe for you will lagg if u use 100 mbit

When you say dedicated, do you mean i should rent a dedicated server that cost about 100€ per month? And if so then it's their connection that i should count with?

Ugh, i think it's to advanced for me ;(

you guys reading the OP wrong? this guy said 100/10, meaning download/upload, no? 10 upload is pretty bad when it comes to hosting a server, definitely going to have to go with a VPS

Is 10 up, able to hold 100 persons? And also how much RAM is recommended for 500+ ?

ADD: Also guys im focusing on my speccs (exclude the internet connection) at the moment, are they enough to host 500+ if i get 100/100Mbps connection?

Last edited:
I host a 8.6 with 20/10, map 90mb and 4 gb of ram, take a referense, and that host 100+ plyer without any lag (on linux ubunto), idk about windows

Is it a big difference when you run on a linux system than a windows system?

Back