• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ server startup lua.dll auxsetstr error

Ner

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I did search the forums before posting and there were some startup error threads, but none with the error that I encountered. And since I'm new to c++ and developing in it in general, I'm not quite sure on how to proceed (google/stackoverflow also doesn't help).
Perhaps good people of otland will help out!

I cloned latest master-branch TFS files, compiled on newest Visual Studio (all according to how documentation suggests doing) - as much as I don't get any compilation errors, whenever I start my server it instantly closes out.
By using Visual Studio debugger it tells me that i'm getting unhandled exception thrown: read access violation for lapi.c file (auxsetstr method).

What I've done so far:
  • moved key.pem file as in one forums someone suggested that
  • made sure that my config.lua point to proper map file and database name (and also made sure database is populated with schema and ready to connect)
  • tried running compiled exe as administrator
  • tried linking boost and other compilation needed libraries manually via project properties

I'm not sure how to proceed, it has to do with my lack of c++ development probably - error comes from some vcpkg library - is it common ? Should I reinstall them somehow?
Any suggestions highly appreciated!

Solution
update and solution for this after one of you bros reached out to me on discord:

the reason for that was (probably) corrupted vckpg libraries - I don't recall exactly, but vcpkg installation process didn't go as smooth as it should (I think I was changing directories and ended up installing it twice, or integrating it twice)

anyway if you happen to see this error or similar, check if you don't have more dll's then what are needed after exe compilation - I had lua.dll that I didn't need which was a clue that perhaps dlls got corrupted

I removed vcpkg folder completely, did vcpkg integrate remove and installed them again (disabled antivirus specifically for that and used powershell with run as administrator) and then server...
read case 1 and tell us what you find:

update and solution for this after one of you bros reached out to me on discord:

the reason for that was (probably) corrupted vckpg libraries - I don't recall exactly, but vcpkg installation process didn't go as smooth as it should (I think I was changing directories and ended up installing it twice, or integrating it twice)

anyway if you happen to see this error or similar, check if you don't have more dll's then what are needed after exe compilation - I had lua.dll that I didn't need which was a clue that perhaps dlls got corrupted

I removed vcpkg folder completely, did vcpkg integrate remove and installed them again (disabled antivirus specifically for that and used powershell with run as administrator) and then server started working properly

big shoutout to @Evil Hero for pointing me to the right direction

Solution
Back