• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server testrun - what programs will my buddy need?

Zambaku

Reaction score
Alright, my map is complete and my server is stable, I have a friend who wishes to try it out and I was wondering about what he needs to connect to my server?

Well, they're not quite finished yet, Empty.

First you need to portforward, otherwise he won't be able to connect to the gameworld.

Go to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Find your router and search for a tutorial. If you already know how to open ports, open the ports 7171/3306 and 8080 in your router and in your firewall, if you did that correctly, your friend and players from all around the world will be able to connect.

Well, they're not quite finished yet, Empty.

First you need to portforward, otherwise he won't be able to connect to the gameworld.

Go to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Find your router and search for a tutorial. If you already know how to open ports, open the ports 7171/3306 and 8080 in your router and in your firewall, if you did that correctly, your friend and players from all around the world will be able to connect.

Ah, right. I just assumed that he had already done that, based on what he wrote.. :p

Back