• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server wont go online

maxipadd

Reaction score
Hello, I have downloaded a server from the distrubtions section on the fourms and i turned it on with the map that was in the file and everything was fine, the server logged on and i could log in and create an account etc etc. But when i switched the map to my map changed the settings for placement in config and all that my map wont work, the server wont even go online it stops in the process. Any idea whats wrong heres a SS.

2whnmmu.png

Sorry if its kinda small cant get it any bigger

is it too big? check your memory usage? altough it would usually crash or show an error if it ran out of memory

It says "Loading map and spawns"
Either it's something wrong with the map/spawns or your computer is too slow... If you're using a real map then I think thats your problem (Your PC can't handle that big map/spawns)

Last edited:
its not working because your computer isnt good enough to load the rest of the map pretty much what they said but thats why it has ... in your screenshot to show its trying to load.

If your map is larger than 99MB then you can try removing some water around the main land masses until you are around 99MB which will allow "Low tier" computers to load eventually. This is something that has been tested in the past where 32 Bit computers were not able to load maps larger that 99MB, and once they made the maps smaller than 99MB, "shit was so cash".

How long have you waited for the server to load? When it's a big real map and your computer sucks you might have to wait for a couple of minutes for it to load.. either that or the map is to big as the others are saying; 99+MB and you're screwed

Back