• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Set up instructions for OTHire 0.0.3 [$50]

telaat

Solutions
Reaction score
I have an Ubuntu 16.04 Digital Ocean server, looking for someone who can provide me with line-by-line instructions on how to set up OTHire 0.0.3 on a clean 8GB 4CPU Ubuntu 16.04 server. Will, with permission of author, gladly share instructions with the rest of the community.

- Should use MySQL instead of SQLite and have server set up
- Should have AAC running and accessible
- Should be completely ready for me to login and play on
- The job is not setting up a server, but providing the commands for me to set it up myself

Prefer to pay in Bitcoin or Ethereum, but could pay in Paypal as well.

Edit: I'm a programmer myself (Go, Java, PHP, Javascript, more) and have decent Linux experience, so not gonna pester you with trivial related questions such as ssh'ing into my server/mysql server.

Solution
<closed>

Please see below the result, clearly not perfect but good start for anyone else that's looking to do the same:

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
echo "LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8" >> /etc/environment
echo "en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8" >> /etc/locale.gen
echo "LANG=en_US.UTF-8" > /etc/locale.conf
locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

apt-get update -y
apt-get upgrade -y

apt-get -y install autoconf build-essential pkg-config libboost-dev libgmp3-dev libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libmysqlclient-dev libcrypto++-dev ccache libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev lua5.1 libncurses5-dev git

apt-get install mysql-server
mysql_secure_installation

git clone TwistedScorpio/OTHire
cd...
<closed>

Please see below the result, clearly not perfect but good start for anyone else that's looking to do the same:

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
echo "LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8" >> /etc/environment
echo "en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8" >> /etc/locale.gen
echo "LANG=en_US.UTF-8" > /etc/locale.conf
locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

apt-get update -y
apt-get upgrade -y

apt-get -y install autoconf build-essential pkg-config libboost-dev libgmp3-dev libxml2-dev liblua5.1-0-dev libmysqlclient-dev libcrypto++-dev ccache libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev lua5.1 libncurses5-dev git

apt-get install mysql-server
mysql_secure_installation

git clone TwistedScorpio/OTHire
cd OTHire/source

chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-mysql --enable-server-diag
make -j 4

Solution
Back