• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Setting up a GOOD server with DDoS Protection

Dankoo

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm thinking about a good way to host my otserver, so I'm running some options here and I would like some advices if you please ^_^

1st option - Buy a server, Cisco Firewall, 100mb internet and host the server myself

I would have 100mb upload and download, a machine to run it 24/7 (a core i7 with SSD HD and 16GB RAM 1600Mhz) and a Cisco Firewall in between, it would run my otserver and around 30 to 100 websites that I have in my company

2nd option - Hire a dedicated hosting company

I know this is the best practice for almost everyone, but I'm brazilian and the quality of services around here are not very good, mainly about DDoS protection... Can I hire a DDoS protection from a american company and host the server in a brazilian dedicated?

I would like to know some things:
  • In a regular global map server, what is the average resource consumption for 150 players online?
  • What is the average network consumption for 1 active player?
  • What is a good DDoS protection? How many MBs/PPs?

Thanks a lot, if you have any additional information that I didn't ask here but you think it's important, please tell ^_^

see'ya

I saw those, but they are all european servers... It must be in Brazil, that's why I showed those options above

PS: Just saw there's a service called Remote DDoS Protection, I'm seriously thinking about that, but as far as I know, it is a proxy tunelling going trough their ddos firewalls and it outputs to my server, but I think it should increase latency considerably...

Last edited:
Have atleast 1gbps connection.

10gbps ddos protection should be good :)

For Brazil there is no option.

If you have the money to build your own computer and pay for the ridiculously high price of a 100mb internet, good luck.
Else, I really recommend USA or European dedicated servers. Don't worry about players having "lags", teach your players to install Leatrix and have fun.

If you do not remember, CIP tried to open a server and Brazil and had it changed to US because the lack of efficiency and quality of Brazilians services.

I am from Brazil and only play US and EU servers, never had major lags, not even on RL Tibia. People are just lazy and want a 0-100ms ping.

Back