• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Setting up a private server (othire 7.72)

poopsiedoodle

Gibe moni plos
Reaction score
Hey so I'm trying to set up a private server to test a map that I've been working on, but I'm like mad stupid and can't figure this shit out for the life of me. I'm using OTHire 0.0.3 ([7.72] OTHire 0.0.3), and when I run the server application, it doesn't finish all it needs to do to run the server because it can't connect to a mysql server. I did some looking around and from what I understand, I needed to install xampp and then run the mysql service on that. I tried that and it just auto-closes it after like 2 seconds and then says to check the logs for details on the error that occurred, but then the logs don't say anything about an error occurring. I honestly don't even know if I even forwarded my ports right, but I dunno. I'm just kinda hopelessly lost because this isn't nearly as easy as running a 9.x server with TFS was. If anyone could help me sort this stuff out, that'd be great and I'd love you forever <3

Solution
Hey so I'm trying to set up a private server to test a map that I've been working on, but I'm like mad stupid and can't figure this shit out for the life of me. I'm using OTHire 0.0.3 ([7.72] OTHire 0.0.3), and when I run the server application, it doesn't finish all it needs to do to run the server because it can't connect to a mysql server. I did some looking around and from what I understand, I needed to install xampp and then run the mysql service on that. I tried that and it just auto-closes it after like 2 seconds and then says to check the logs for details on the error that occurred, but then the logs don't say anything about an error occurring. I honestly don't even know if I even forwarded my ports right, but I dunno...
Hey so I'm trying to set up a private server to test a map that I've been working on, but I'm like mad stupid and can't figure this shit out for the life of me. I'm using OTHire 0.0.3 ([7.72] OTHire 0.0.3), and when I run the server application, it doesn't finish all it needs to do to run the server because it can't connect to a mysql server. I did some looking around and from what I understand, I needed to install xampp and then run the mysql service on that. I tried that and it just auto-closes it after like 2 seconds and then says to check the logs for details on the error that occurred, but then the logs don't say anything about an error occurring. I honestly don't even know if I even forwarded my ports right, but I dunno. I'm just kinda hopelessly lost because this isn't nearly as easy as running a 9.x server with TFS was. If anyone could help me sort this stuff out, that'd be great and I'd love you forever <3
use The Uniform Server and setup your database correctly, if you are going to host the server in your computer for test u dont need open the ports just download the server, download uniformserver for database and thats all and if u dont know how to use the uniformserver follow this guide VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system

Solution
Back