Setting up my website to support mobile devices

Yourdailyrandom

Vajamba
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Sweden, Dalarna
It has been long since i last visited otland. I used to go under the name Gatupojk, and if i can recall correctly i think i got it changed to ragequit. Maybe someone remembers me(or not :D).
What i want help with today is not related with open tibia and i hope its okay i ask for help here anyway :)

I'm setting up an online store for a friends company.
The website must have support for mobile devices, a simple layout for mobile devices. So i would like to know all the steps in redirecting people on mobile devices to m.domain.com, setting up the folders etc. I pretty much have everything set up except that.
I used dreamweaver for a while & fluid grids but i found that somewhat annoying to work with..

Thanks!


Edit;
I forgot to say that i already found how to redirect mobile devices to m.domain.com, but i dont the rest. Like where i put the mobile website folders and how i link it together with m.domain.com
 
Last edited:
OP
Yourdailyrandom

Yourdailyrandom

Vajamba
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Sweden, Dalarna
well im doing something wrong, thats for sure! I just dont know what.
I got myself a wildcard dns at dyndns so now m.domain.com works but it seems to direct me to my main folder, not my mobile folder.
This is how i set it up in httpd-vhosts.conf(domain.com is not the real adress ofc :p)
Code:
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName domain.com
    DocumentRoot ${US_ROOTF_WWW}/main
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName m.domain.com
    DocumentRoot ${US_ROOTF_WWW}/mobile
<VirtualHost>
i also uncommented this line in httpd.conf:
Code:
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
 
OP
Yourdailyrandom

Yourdailyrandom

Vajamba
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Sweden, Dalarna
Yea, several times :s


edit;
I just realized i never closed <virtualhost>......... forgot the forward slash...
Searched through the error log and found the error :p
Now its working! Thanks for the help
 
Last edited:
Top