• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Setting your OTServer online

zaxaer

Reaction score
I got 2 questions though, if someone would please answer this:

By adding a host at No-IP.com - Managed DNS - Free Dynamic DNS - Managed Email - 100% Uptime Guaranteed.. You'll just change your IP-number to a hostname.. example: 192.168.0.1 to otland.no-ip.com.
But it'll still make contact with YOUR IP.. Means that your internet connection will be slower I guess?

So I was thinking of using a server (like hosting24) and domain (like TransIP). IF I start to import the database(forgotten server) into the server(Hosting24), it won't be online (yet), I need to run the "Forgotten server.exe".. and if I want to run "Forgotten server.exe" it'll be online at my computer.. so that means that if I turn my pc off.. the server(forgotten server) will be offline aswell..
Tibia needs to get online automatically too (when I start my server (hosting24).. but the sever(hosting24) can't read "exe" files.. How can I get the file(forgotten server) to autorun itself at startup?

I'm trying to learn this.. and it's annoying complicated, or I'm just making it myself so tough.. Hope that someone can help me out here.

No-IP only converts your normal ip into a dynamic one, is not making slower your internet connection, is like a mask to your IP.

Windows 7

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click the right mouse button in the Startup folder, and then click Open.

2. Open the location that contains the item for which you want to create a shortcut.

3. Click the right mouse button on the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.

4. Drag the shortcut to the Startup folder.

The next time you start Windows, the program will run automatically.

Windows 7

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, click the right mouse button in the Startup folder, and then click Open.

2. Open the location that contains the item for which you want to create a shortcut.

3. Click the right mouse button on the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut appears in the same location as the original item.

4. Drag the shortcut to the Startup folder.

The next time you start Windows, the program will run automatically.

Appreciate it that you've explained it to me, but I actually want it in the Database to startup automatically.. not on my computer.
Isn't it possible to just import all the files in a server and make it online itself instead of using the "Forgotten Server.exe"?

Back