• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ShadowFall -- Discussion

Trigga Trei.

~<^>ShadowFall<^>~
Reaction score
m4ObiBH.png

~An OT Project inspired by the Anime "Sword Art Online" and video game "Destiny"~

We worshipped them.
We prayed to them.
We looked to them as Gods.

We did not think that they would be our end.

Our world was beautiful, never perfect. It was not a land of peace, our lands ravaged by monsters and beasts. We fought and hunted for our rightful place as the apex predators of Helios.

But that was how things were. It was our way of life. And as such is the way of life…naturally, we wanted answers. For many hundreds of years since our Ascension, we were faced with questions in the form of relics, temples, and technology—all of which superseded our abilities by ways of which we could not even fathom. So when we went searching for the answers we had sought for so long…

…We did not foresee the outcome to be dark.
Quick Disclaimer: All of this is a Work In Progress (W.I.P.) and is subject to easily change. Nothing is final.

ShadowFall is a Project that I have started [alone] with the vision of creating a server that can quench the thirst of both types of players: those who just want to power level can achieve a high rank, or those who want to experience a true RPG rich with story and diversity.

As the header states, the idea of this server is greatly inspired by the PS4/Xbox (360/One) game, Destiny, and the Anime Show, Sword Art Online.
And I mean that in terms of mechanics/general ideas. How? Here are some of the Key Points:
  • Map will not be traditional, open world. It will be somewhat "staged," like levels in a classic action game. The "Main Missions," which will be named Chapters, are to be completed in order to continue through the story line and thus beat the 'campaign,' named as a Book. There will be more than 1 book, but they will be released as seasons [/major updates].
  • Chapters are linear, and all with a similar endgame, but will be more difficult than the previous one, and will also require more problem/puzzle solving. No one chapter will be super similar to the next, especially in terms of story.
  • There will be one main Social Hub, the "Last City" of Helios, which is the only 'safe' place in the server. Any location outside of the city is considered hostile and dangerous.
  • There will be a few open-world-like locations where Chapters are linked to, that can be visited just for the sake of exploring or hunting for exp or even secrets and hidden bosses/treasures/caves.
  • There will not be traditional Tibia vocations. Instead, a player gets to choose One Major Skill to exceed in, One Major Skill to do well in, and two Sub Skills to specialize in. (More info after "Key Points")
  • You can not leave in the middle of a Chapter and return later. You can log off in the middle of a mission, but you cannot teleport back to Town without losing progress in that chapter.

That's about it for main ideas. Thoughts on those? Leave a comment below.
Moving on.

The Main Storyline, in a nutshell, is that you as a player are an Awoken (W.I.P) soldier, a being of an ancient civilization taking the form of a human. You have been called to fight an enemy that threatens the existence of mankind and the world of Helios, an evil known as the Angels. They are evil beings that come from the Dominion, the world of the Creator's of Time, which for unknown reasons are attempting to wipe out the human race. It is your job to find answers as to why they are attacking, where the root of the problem is, and stop it from draping the world in complete chaos.

So here are some more more ideas and brainstorming:

- There will be more [optional] back history to the world and its lore that can be discovered through main quests, side quests, books, or even by discovering through secrets across the whole world.
- Many NPCs will be walking the streets of the Last City of Helios. Talk to them! Some might just say hi, or tell you a joke. But some might even give you hints or clues to secrets, or ask you to do a side quest for them! Some will even reward you well.

- Major Skills: Melee, Distance, Aggressive Magic, Supportive Magic, Shielding.
- Sub Skills: Hunting, Cooking, Blacksmithing, Fishing, Carpentry, Alchemy, Woodcutting, Mining

- Unjustified Player Killing is not allowed within the Last City of Helios. Killing a player outside of the city labels you as a 'Criminal' and will not be allowed back into the city until their Skull has turned from Red (meaning that player committed a murder within the last 30 minutes and can be Justly killed by anyone during that time) to White (which means that most NPC's won't talk to you/do business with you for the next 24 hours until the skull disappears).
- Duel Challenges: You can challenge a player to a duel which they will agree beforehand on a prize from their own belongings. A duel can happen anywhere, even inside a city, and is timed. Killing a person in a duel will not count as a Murder, and a death during a duel will not make you drop anything or any experience points, except the prize you offered your opponent for winning. If no one dies, the player with the least amount of health looses the duel.

- (More Ideas Soon!)

So! There's obviously more to come, more to change, as this is only the beginning. But I feel very strong about my idea, and that's why I want to hear from you, the community! Give me your thoughts! Help me make this the best it can be for people of all walks!
I'm going to be updating this daily if possible. Until then...

Thank you in advanced!

Update:
Thinking of maybe making it like a "Floor" system, like SAO, where every floor has a safe zone checkpoint. Players can travel between floors they have already completed and such.

Back