• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shikate - Pixelart

NhBlbSp.gif

damn, how long did this take to you to do that?

Definitely looks weird :eek: especially round mountains and grass, water is good but lacks detail and sand is masterpiece but it looks definitely boring :/
I believe the water is the grass tile with a blue color over it. I liked it, seems a less hard work solution than move the texture, only had to move the borders and make waves. :D

Also, applying excessive AA layers which causes pillow shading, do it look blurred (particularly at the top of mountain)

About the mountain side sprites:
When you don't define the surfaces of the stones you let the player eyes confused in a matter of volume, "It's plan or have height?"

One of the reasons is the reflex that you put in the corners of your sprites (I'm talking about the bottom corners of the stone).
It is a common thing to see in your style and it's good for items, cristals, pillars and other things. But not all kind of sprites can follow the same pattern.
Metal has a lot of contrast and brightness, cloth has less contrast and folds.
I mean: different things, different rules.

Setting the surfaces of the stones:
28kkd3o.png

Once this is done you can set the texture, I suggest something like @Galiant stones (In texture not colors hehe):
2z74h9t.jpg

wi3mdx.png

Also, this example from internet:
263ud1f.png

It is also interesting to fix some errors like this in the connections, I know it's hard and annoying because I have done some times and actually hate. :(
2nj8th.png

Last edited:
Thanks Leshrot, your comment is really helpful, I'm still learning to do environment and at the moment I'm working to fix my similar-to-metal shading xD

You got some great skills, bro! I'm certainly a big fan of yours!
Tho I agree with Leshrot about those stones you made.
Check these rocks made by me, it might help you too.

11alaqa.jpg

Juan here, btw, your spriter colleague at GLA! :D:D:D

You got some great skills, bro! I'm certainly a big fan of yours!
Tho I agree with Leshrot about those stones you made.
Check these rocks made by me, it might help you too.

11alaqa.jpg

Juan here, btw, your spriter colleague at GLA! :D:D:D

Omg it's so awesome you commented my topic :D It's a big honour for me because you are such an amazing artist!
I've already changed the stones so they look moke like that already :)
Thanks once more for your comment :D

Omg it's so awesome you commented my topic :D It's a big honour for me because you are such an amazing artist!
I've already changed the stones so they look moke like that already :)
Thanks once more for your comment :D

The honour is mine! Can't wait to see them! :D

Back